Korea, Republic of: Latest beverage news & analysis
Private-equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) was revealed in May to have had a bid for Treasury Wine Estates knocked back.
As expected, Anheuser-Busch InBev is using a call option to reclaim South Korea's Oriental Brewery (OB).
Anheuser-Busch InBev's plan to buy back Oriental Brewery serves as the strongest indictment yet of the rude health the global brewer is currently in.
Monster Beverage Corp's CEO has said Red Bull's “aggressive” price cuts in South Korea won't drag his firm into a turf war, and warned its rival's discounts can't last.
Pernod Ricard is aiming to revitalise its struggling South Korean unit with fresh blood as part of an employee shake-up.
Diageo will not appeal an expected KRW1.2bn (US$1m) fine from South Korean authorities over reported payments to on-trade venues.
Brooklyn Brewery has opened a craft brewery on a tropical South Korean island as it continues to partner with beer makers around the world.
Pernod Ricard has added Imperial Neon to its Imperial whisky range in Korea. The company described the whisky as "smooth".
Diageo's South Korea unit is pinning its hopes on a new spirits innovation as consumers move away from the blended Scotch whisky category.
Diageo's South Korean unit has announced a price increase for Cîroc vodka and for three of its Scotch brands.
South Koreans increased their alcohol outlay by 5% last year, the country's biggest spend for at least a decade, according to a local report.
Diageo must wait to hear how much it has to pay after settling a tax bill over Windsor Scotch whisky imports into South Korea.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has appointed a president for its South Korea unit.
Pernod Ricard has denied it has been fined by South Korea's tax authorities, but has conceded that it paid a tax adjustment following an audit.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020