Korea, Republic of: Latest beverage news & analysis
Private-equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts (KKR) was revealed in May to have had a bid for Treasury Wine Estates knocked back.
As expected, Anheuser-Busch InBev is using a call option to reclaim South Korea's Oriental Brewery (OB).
Anheuser-Busch InBev's plan to buy back Oriental Brewery serves as the strongest indictment yet of the rude health the global brewer is currently in.
Monster Beverage Corp's CEO has said Red Bull's “aggressive” price cuts in South Korea won't drag his firm into a turf war, and warned its rival's discounts can't last.
Diageo has launched a 20cl bottle of its Johnnie Walker Black Label as it looks to make whisky more accessible to consumers in South Korea.
South Korea's Hite Jinro is to cut 100 staff as it battles flagging demand, according to a local media report.
Pernod Ricard has said a Facebook advert for its Absolut vodka brand in South Korea has attracted largely positive reactions, despite reports from several news outlets of a backlash from consumers.
Diageo's Korean unit has launched a 35% abv whisky-based spirit under its Windsor brand.
Pernod Ricard is aiming to revitalise its struggling South Korean unit with fresh blood as part of an employee shake-up.
Diageo will not appeal an expected KRW1.2bn (US$1m) fine from South Korean authorities over reported payments to on-trade venues.
Brooklyn Brewery has opened a craft brewery on a tropical South Korean island as it continues to partner with beer makers around the world.
Pernod Ricard has added Imperial Neon to its Imperial whisky range in Korea. The company described the whisky as "smooth".
Diageo's South Korea unit is pinning its hopes on a new spirits innovation as consumers move away from the blended Scotch whisky category.
Diageo's South Korean unit has announced a price increase for Cîroc vodka and for three of its Scotch brands.
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report