Japan: Latest beverage news & analysis
This month, Ray Rowlands follows the progress of the latest Japanese company to look beyond its domestic market: DyDo Drinco has high hopes for its entry into Turkey.
Last week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in first-quarter sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Earlier this week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in full-year sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Suntory Holdings reported an impressive rise in full-year group profits and sales yesterday (17 February). Here just-drinks take a closer look at the performance of its two drinks-related units:
A VAT increase in Japan next year could be an opportunity rather than a threat to soft drinks producers, according to an analyst.
A sharp decline in domestic sales for Kirin Brewery dragged down the Japanese beer market in the first quarter of the year as rival brewers posted growth, according to a report.
Suntory has launched a matcha-flavoured liqueur as it targets the growing trend for green-tea flavoured products in Japan.
Suntory has reorganised its Spirits and Liquors units and announced several new appointments.
Asahi Group has reported a double-digit profit rise in 2015, with alcohol and soft drinks both posting sales growth.
Kirin Holdings has made profit-making its top priority this year after a writedown in Brazil sunk FY income.
Suntory Holdings' spirits unit, Beam Suntory, has posted a strong full-year sales rise as continued demand for Bourbon drove performance.
Asahi Group is set to win the race to acquire Grolsch and Peroni Nastro Azzuro from SABMiller, according to local reports.
Beam Suntory has released a 2016 edition of its Sherry cask Yamazaki whisky.
Asahi has unveiled a new beer for the Japanese market that has 50% less sugar than regular beer.
Suntory is to increase its Japanese whisky storage capacity by a further 12% with a JPY5bn (US$41m) investment in a new warehouse, a report has said.
Japanese beverage firm Otsuka Pharmaceutical is claiming a world-first with plans to send a can of Pokari Sweat to the moon.
Will Suntory's US$16bn move to buy Beam see a change in how the Bourbon producer's brands are advertised?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India