Japan: Latest beverage news & analysis
This month, Ray Rowlands follows the progress of the latest Japanese company to look beyond its domestic market: DyDo Drinco has high hopes for its entry into Turkey.
Last week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in first-quarter sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Earlier this week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in full-year sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Suntory Holdings reported an impressive rise in full-year group profits and sales yesterday (17 February). Here just-drinks take a closer look at the performance of its two drinks-related units:
A VAT increase in Japan next year could be an opportunity rather than a threat to soft drinks producers, according to an analyst.
Asahi Group is set to win the race to acquire Grolsch and Peroni Nastro Azzuro from SABMiller, according to local reports.
Beam Suntory has released a 2016 edition of its Sherry cask Yamazaki whisky.
Asahi has unveiled a new beer for the Japanese market that has 50% less sugar than regular beer.
Suntory is to increase its Japanese whisky storage capacity by a further 12% with a JPY5bn (US$41m) investment in a new warehouse, a report has said.
Japan has shelved plans to reform its three-tier beer tax code until at least 2017, a Japanese news agency has reported.
A new spirits company is to open what it claims will be Japan's first gin distillery.
Suntory Holdings is to appeal to Japan's intellectual property court after a judge refused to halt production and sales of rival Asahi’s non-alcoholic beer.
Beam Suntory upped sales by 36% in the first nine months of the year to drive growth for owner Suntory Holdings.
Beam Suntory's global travel retail division has launched a Master's Select version of its Hibiki Japanese Harmony whisky.
Kirin is to develop its own craft beer brands in Japan to help kickstart domestic alcohol sales, according to a report.
Japanese beverage firm Otsuka Pharmaceutical is claiming a world-first with plans to send a can of Pokari Sweat to the moon.
Will Suntory's US$16bn move to buy Beam see a change in how the Bourbon producer's brands are advertised?
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research