Japan: Latest beverage news & analysis
This month, Ray Rowlands follows the progress of the latest Japanese company to look beyond its domestic market: DyDo Drinco has high hopes for its entry into Turkey.
Last week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in first-quarter sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Earlier this week, Japan's Suntory Holdings reported a healthy rise in full-year sales and operating profits. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's beverage results:
Suntory Holdings reported an impressive rise in full-year group profits and sales yesterday (17 February). Here just-drinks take a closer look at the performance of its two drinks-related units:
A VAT increase in Japan next year could be an opportunity rather than a threat to soft drinks producers, according to an analyst.
The two largest Coca-Cola bottlers in Japan have confirmed their plans to merge, creating what will be the third-biggest bottling entity in the global Coca-Cola system.
Coca-Cola East Japan and Coca-Cola West have moved to calm reports claiming that their merger has completed successfully.
Brooklyn Brewery has confirmed reports it is in talks with Kirin over a distribution and production deal in Japan but denied a deal has been signed.
Number One Drinks Co Japan will launch the first product from its newly-licensed Kyoto Distillery this October.
Suntory and Asahi have settled a dispute over intellectual property rights for non-alcoholic beer, according to a report.
Asahi has added a new variant to its Clear Asahi range, designed to pair with food from a specific region.
A shortage of Japanese whisky is forcing drinks producers in Japan to turn to imported spirits, according to a report.
Coca-Cola Japan has launched a peach-flavoured water under the Glaceau brand, which it claims may help consumers sleep better.
Japanese consumers are becoming more adventurous in their wine choices, according to a new report.
A focus on improving profitability has failed to benefit the bottom line for Kirin Holdings in the first quarter of 2016.
Japanese beverage firm Otsuka Pharmaceutical is claiming a world-first with plans to send a can of Pokari Sweat to the moon.
Will Suntory's US$16bn move to buy Beam see a change in how the Bourbon producer's brands are advertised?
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends