Italy: Latest beverage news & analysis
Today, Gruppo Campari issued its results for 2016. The group saw its 12-month sales rise by 4%, with net profits dropping 7%. Here, just-drinks breaks down Campari's figures for last year by region and global brand.
Last year, Marco Ferrari left his post as CMO of SPI Group to lead Italian spirits and aperitif maker Montenegro Group. just-drinks spoke to him at the TFWA exhibition in Cannes in October to find out what it is like to go from managing a global brand such as Stolichnaya to a company with strong domestic brands and a global outlook. Ferrari also spoke about his ambitions for Amaro Montenegro, a herbal liqueur that is finding traction in the US.
Earlier today, Gruppo Campari posted a solid jump in nine-month sales and profits as developed markets outperformed emerging countries. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's performance by region.
Gruppo Campari will report its third-quarter and year-to-date results on Wednesday (11 November). Here, just-drinks takes a look at how the Milan-headquartered company has fared in the three months to the end of September.
Earlier today (12 May), Gruppo Campari announced its first quarter results, including a 73% hike in pre-tax profits and a 13% sales increase. Here, we take a look at the figures for the quarter by region and brand:
Gruppo Campari has said concerns over politics in major markets will not stop it delivering another year of growth.
An Italian supermarket chain has unveiled its store of the future, in which shelves are replaced with market-style tables and interactive touch screens.
Gruppo Campari has offloaded its entire Italian still wines presence to Terra Moretti.
Nestle Waters' Italian division The Sanpellegrino Group has inaugurated a EUR16m (US$17.8m) mineral water bottling plant for its Nestlé Vera Naturea brand.
Bushmills Irish whiskey owner Casa Cuervo has signed a distribution deal with Gruppo Montenegro in Italy.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has bought Italian brewer Birra del Borgo, adding to its portfolio of small European brewers.
Gruppo Campari has offloaded its Casoni Fabbricazione Liquori (CFL) private label business in Italy for EUR5.3m (US$5.8m).
The governing body for the Franciacorta wine region has elected a new president, with incumbent Maurizio Zanella stepping down after seven years in the job.
Gruppo Campari has posted a solid jump in nine-month sales and profits as developed markets outperformed emerging countries.
Illva Saronno is to introduce limited edition bottles of its Disaronno liqueur, in partnership with fashion brand Roberto Cavalli.
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World