Italy: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier today (10 March), Gruppo Campari announced its full-year results, with sales picking up during the last quarter. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the group's results in 2014 by region and brand:
Gruppo Campari may be toasting its domestic market this week, as Q2 results showed a healthy bounce-back versus Q1, but the US and Germany look like replacing Italy as the flies in the company's ointment.
The head of Gruppo Campari has voiced caution about the company's domestic market as factors including bad weather look to “normalise” a strong start to the year.
Earlier today, Gruppo Campari announced its half-year results, with a stronger second quarter propping a poor Q1. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the group's results by region and brand:
Political change in Italy has brought renewed consumer confidence to the country, according to Gruppo Campari's CEO.
Gruppo Campari has posted flat profits for 2014, although sales in the 12 months came in up versus the year-prior.
Gruppo Campari is launching a shareholders loyalty scheme in order to encourage a long-term commitment from its investors.
Gruppo Campari has agreed deals to sell its liqueur brand Limoncetta di Sorrento and the pharmaceutical unit of its J Wray & Nephew business for a total of around EUR19m (US$23m).
Gruppo Campari has reported a drop in year-to-date profits as one-off Q3 acquisition costs hit its bottom line.
The CMO of SPI Group, the owner of Stolichnaya, has left the company to return to Italy, as CEO of Montenegro Group.
Gruppo Campari has seen its half-year results bolstered by a stronger performance in Q2.
Gruppo Campari has completed two previously-announced acquisition deals - Forty Creek Distillery and Averna Group.
Gruppo Campari has reported falling sales and profits in its first quarter, as a healthy start to the period slowed markedly in March.
Gruppo Campari has agreed to pay EUR103.75m (US$143m) for Italian liqueur maker Averna Group.
Gruppo Campari has posted a "satisfactory" set of numbers for 2013, with the Americas and Russia driving the performance.
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets