Ireland: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier today, C&C Group reported a rise in full-year sales. But the company slipped into the red as impairment charges damaged the bottom line. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's performance by region:
Here, courtesy of the Irish Whiskey Association, is a map of all the distilleries - existing, new and planned - in Ireland.
Today's official opening of the new Guinness production facility at the brand's St James's Gate site in the centre of Dublin stands in marked contrast to how the plot's future looked less than ten years ago. It is refreshing to see – for whatever reason - a plc the size of Diageo bowing to a brand's provenance, even if such nods are a rarity these days.
At Pernod Ricard's Capital Markets Day, held at the Jameson distillery in Midleton, Ireland, today (4 June), it was all about Jameson.
I am en-route to Cork this morning, to attend Pernod Ricard's annual Capital Markets Day. Tomorrow, I will join a wealth of analysts at a series of presentations by the company's leadership team.
C&C Group has posted a full-year loss after a one-off impairment charge on its US assets cut EUR150m from the bottom line.
Britvic's Ireland unit has launched a no-sugar version of its MiWadi diluted squash brand.
Pernod Ricard's Irish Distillers has lined up the launch of an extension of its Midleton Irish whiskey brand.
Diageo has unveiled the latest release from its Guinness Brewers Project - a "premium" lager.
Irish Distillers, Pernod Ricard's Irish whiskey unit, is releasing a new limiterd expression of its Redbreast label, the first to be matured solely in ex-oloroso sherry butts.
The Irish Government is moving ahead with wide-ranging plans to tackle alcohol-related issues, including a form of minimum unit pricing to stop the sale of “very cheap alcohol”.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has handed exclusive distribution rights for its Corona Extra and Corona Light brands in the Republic of Ireland to C&C Group's Gleeson unit.
Growth in Irish whiskey exports to the US slowed last year, new figures from the Irish government have revealed.
C&C Group has warned its full-year operating profits will be lower than forecast after a fall in third-quarter volumes across its domestic and US units.
Diageo has a new head of its European beer operations as the previous incumbent retired after around 30 years working with the Guinness brand.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer