Ireland: Latest beverage news & analysis
C&C Group will announce its half-year and second-quarter results on Wednesday. Here, just-drinks looks at the drinks producer's activities in the three months to the end of August:
At the official ground-breaking ceremony for Brown-Forman's Slane Castle Irish whiskey distillery this week, the talk among a few of the guests was about why the company - which outlined heritage as an important factor when it comes to targeting new consumers - hadn't chosen to buy a moth-balled distillery with a ready-made history.
Earlier today, C&C Group reported a rise in full-year sales. But the company slipped into the red as impairment charges damaged the bottom line. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's performance by region:
Here, courtesy of the Irish Whiskey Association, is a map of all the distilleries - existing, new and planned - in Ireland.
Today's official opening of the new Guinness production facility at the brand's St James's Gate site in the centre of Dublin stands in marked contrast to how the plot's future looked less than ten years ago. It is refreshing to see – for whatever reason - a plc the size of Diageo bowing to a brand's provenance, even if such nods are a rarity these days.
C&C Group is to close cider packaging and production facilities in England and Ireland, with the net loss of 180 jobs.
Ireland has moved one step closer to minimum unit pricing after health authorities approved legislation to tackle alcohol misuse.
Small Irish whiskey brands could crumble due to a lack of supply, a new report has suggested.
Diageo's Guinness beer brand is to open its experimental brewery to the public. The move reaffirms the company's move towards innovation within the brand, following the launch of the Brewers Project last September.
Illva Saronno is to use its stake in Ireland's Walsh Whiskey Distillery to launch the latter's The Irishman whiskey brand in its home market.
Teeling Whiskey Co has released a limited edition, 15-year-old Irish whiskey to commemorate the opening of its distillery in Dublin.
C&C Group is to strike deeper into Asia and Africa after declines in its core Scottish and Irish markets drove down sales and profits.
Millennials in search of heritage and authenticity are helping to drive the Irish whiskey category, according to Brown-Forman executive VP & chief brands and strategy officer Lawson Whiting.
Pernod Ricard unit Irish Distillers, which owns the Jameson brand, has opened a micro-distillery to experiment with new styles of Irish whiskey.
Teeling Whiskey Co has released the third iteration in its premium range of namesake Irish whiskies.
Does this picture, taken today, show a turning point in the history of Irish whiskey?
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research