Ireland: Latest beverage news & analysis
In our coverage of the legal ruling in favour of Irish whiskey brand The Wild Geese in Australia yesterday, I sensed a conspiracy theory of pretty impressive proportions. Could the dominant player in the Irish whiskey sector really have been looking to ride roughshod over one of its much smaller competitors?
Late yesterday, Pernod Ricard confirmed that it has opened discussions with Sazerac with a view to selling its Paddy Irish whiskey brand. Here's a look at Paddy and its position in the Irish whiskey category and Pernod's portfolio.
It is late afternoon on what has been a long day. But, Mark Reynier, formerly the head of Bruichladdich and now founder of Renegade Spirits, still has the energy to vent his grievances over the Irish whiskey industry he has inhabited for just over a year.
C&C Group will announce its half-year and second-quarter results on Wednesday. Here, just-drinks looks at the drinks producer's activities in the three months to the end of August:
At the official ground-breaking ceremony for Brown-Forman's Slane Castle Irish whiskey distillery this week, the talk among a few of the guests was about why the company - which outlined heritage as an important factor when it comes to targeting new consumers - hadn't chosen to buy a moth-balled distillery with a ready-made history.
The Irish Brewers Association has said beer exports from the country were up 16% in 2015, with a value of EUR265m (US$300m).
Pernod Ricard's Irish unit is to invest EUR11m (US$12.3m) in the redevelopment of its Old Jameson Distillery in Dublin, as it looks to capitalise on the growth of Irish whiskey.
The Coca-Cola Co has issued an apology over online adverts for its Sprite brand, which formed part of the Brutally Refreshing campaign in Ireland.
Quintessential Brands has agreed to acquire a third of the Tempted Irish Cider business as it looks to increase its presence in Ireland.
Halewood Wines & Spirits has acquired a holding in Irish whiskey producer West Cork Distillers, four months after buying a 50% holding in the firm's The Pogues brand.
Pernod Ricard has confirmed the completion of the divestment of its Paddy Irish whiskey brand to Sazerac.
Teeling Whiskey Co has released the first spirit to be made at its distillery in Dublin.
Quintessential Brands' Irish unit has acquired a 33% stake in a brewery, as it continues to ramp up its presence in the market.
Heineken has launched its Heineken Light brand into Europe for the first time.
Walsh Whiskey has confirmed that its new Irish whiskey distillery has come online and is set for an official opening ceremony later this year.
Does this picture, taken today, show a turning point in the history of Irish whiskey?
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages