Indonesia: Latest beverage news & analysis
Heineken has expressed cautious optimism that the ban on selling beer in Indonesian convenience stores could be reconsidered.
Heineken's departing CFO has called for clarity in Indonesia after a ban on beer sales in convenience stores cut volumes by a third.
The rising spectre of neo-prohibitionary rhetoric and legislation is claiming a fresh casualty. Following the introduction of restrictive policies in a widening number of markets ranging from Turkey to Russia, and from advertising restrictions to distribution barriers, the paradisiacal archipelago is joining the ranks of emerging markets that are falling from the alcoholic drinks industry’s grace.
Indonesia is exploring a sugar tax on soft drinks, according to reports.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is to build a US$63m “mega-distribution centre” in Indonesia as it ups soft drinks investment in the country despite a recent slowdown.
Heineken has said it is "very concerned" after Indonesian authorities implemented a ban on beer sales in the country's small stores.
Asahi is to launch new products aimed at women in Indonesia after its joint-venture in the country opened a plant in West Java, according to local reports.
The Coca-Cola Co is to pay US$500m for a minority stake in Coca-Cola Amatil's Indonesian unit as it aims to reverse falling demand for its brands in the South-East Asian country.
Asahi Group is targeting sales of IDR5tn (US$430m) for its non-alcoholic beverage joint-ventures in Indonesia by 2017 as demand in the country grows.
Multi Bintang, the Heineken-controlled Indonesian brewer, has started work on a IDR210bn (US$19m) facility that will produce no- and low-alcohol beer.
An Asahi Group joint-venture in Indonesia is to take control of bottled water producer Tirta Bahagia Group in a deal worth IDR2.2tn (US$193m).
Asahi Group has teamed up with Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur to buy Indonesia's PepsiCo bottler for US$30m.
Coca-Cola Amatil has confirmed it will invest about AUD500m (US$492m) in Indonesia over the next three or four years.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020