Indonesia: Latest beverage news & analysis
Heineken's departing CFO has called for clarity in Indonesia after a ban on beer sales in convenience stores cut volumes by a third.
The rising spectre of neo-prohibitionary rhetoric and legislation is claiming a fresh casualty. Following the introduction of restrictive policies in a widening number of markets ranging from Turkey to Russia, and from advertising restrictions to distribution barriers, the paradisiacal archipelago is joining the ranks of emerging markets that are falling from the alcoholic drinks industry’s grace.
Heineken has said it is "very concerned" after Indonesian authorities implemented a ban on beer sales in the country's small stores.
Asahi is to launch new products aimed at women in Indonesia after its joint-venture in the country opened a plant in West Java, according to local reports.
The Coca-Cola Co is to pay US$500m for a minority stake in Coca-Cola Amatil's Indonesian unit as it aims to reverse falling demand for its brands in the South-East Asian country.
Asahi Group is targeting sales of IDR5tn (US$430m) for its non-alcoholic beverage joint-ventures in Indonesia by 2017 as demand in the country grows.
Multi Bintang, the Heineken-controlled Indonesian brewer, has started work on a IDR210bn (US$19m) facility that will produce no- and low-alcohol beer.
An Asahi Group joint-venture in Indonesia is to take control of bottled water producer Tirta Bahagia Group in a deal worth IDR2.2tn (US$193m).
Asahi Group has teamed up with Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur to buy Indonesia's PepsiCo bottler for US$30m.
Coca-Cola Amatil has confirmed it will invest about AUD500m (US$492m) in Indonesia over the next three or four years.
Bottled water growth in Indonesia doubled in 2011, with volumes expected to jump by 57% over the next four years, a new study has shown.
Suntory has launched a green tea in Indonesia, the first time it has sold an own-brand beverage in the country.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets