Indonesia: Latest beverage news & analysis
Heineken has expressed cautious optimism that the ban on selling beer in Indonesian convenience stores could be reconsidered.
Heineken's departing CFO has called for clarity in Indonesia after a ban on beer sales in convenience stores cut volumes by a third.
The rising spectre of neo-prohibitionary rhetoric and legislation is claiming a fresh casualty. Following the introduction of restrictive policies in a widening number of markets ranging from Turkey to Russia, and from advertising restrictions to distribution barriers, the paradisiacal archipelago is joining the ranks of emerging markets that are falling from the alcoholic drinks industry’s grace.
Indonesia is exploring a sugar tax on soft drinks, according to reports.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is to build a US$63m “mega-distribution centre” in Indonesia as it ups soft drinks investment in the country despite a recent slowdown.
Heineken has said it is "very concerned" after Indonesian authorities implemented a ban on beer sales in the country's small stores.
Asahi is to launch new products aimed at women in Indonesia after its joint-venture in the country opened a plant in West Java, according to local reports.
The Coca-Cola Co is to pay US$500m for a minority stake in Coca-Cola Amatil's Indonesian unit as it aims to reverse falling demand for its brands in the South-East Asian country.
Asahi Group is targeting sales of IDR5tn (US$430m) for its non-alcoholic beverage joint-ventures in Indonesia by 2017 as demand in the country grows.
Multi Bintang, the Heineken-controlled Indonesian brewer, has started work on a IDR210bn (US$19m) facility that will produce no- and low-alcohol beer.
An Asahi Group joint-venture in Indonesia is to take control of bottled water producer Tirta Bahagia Group in a deal worth IDR2.2tn (US$193m).
Asahi Group has teamed up with Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur to buy Indonesia's PepsiCo bottler for US$30m.
Coca-Cola Amatil has confirmed it will invest about AUD500m (US$492m) in Indonesia over the next three or four years.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research