Greece: Latest beverage news & analysis
As Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras delivers new proposals to tackle the country’s debt crisis, Lucy Britner takes a closer look at what it means to the local drinks trade.
Coca-Cola HBC's CEO has said he is cautious over Greece's “fragile” political environment, but has insisted the company will not cut back on investment in the country.
Today (7 November), Coca-Cola HBC released its Q3 and year-to-date results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by region.
Earlier today (8 August), Coca-Cola HBC (CCHBC) released its half-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the period by region and category.
Coca-Cola Hellenic (CCH) has delivered progress in Russia and Nigeria but troubles elsewhere have produced a “mixed” first quarter, according to an analyst.
Heineken has vowed to fight a EUR100m (US$105.6m) compensation claim by a Greek brewer that follows the imposition 14 months ago of a near-EUR32m fine related to alleged infringement practices in the country.
Coca-Cola Light is among a raft of FMCG brands to have been removed from supermarket shelves in Greece after threats of contamination were posted on a website in the country.
PepsiCo has closed its only bottling operation in Greece, as it looks to adapt to challenging market conditions in the country.
Heineken is to appeal a EUR31.5m (US$33.4m) fine from Greek authorities for infringing fair practice rules, including offering incentives to retailers and wholesalers to only stock its beer.
Greek brewer Macedonian Thrace has raised concerns over the future of the country's beer market after the recent merger of Carlsberg-owned Mythos Brewery and Olympic Brewery.
Carlsberg has lined up a merger in Greece with the third largest brewer in the country, Olympic Brewery.
Coca-Cola HBC has blamed problems in Ukraine and a late Easter for a drop in first-quarter sales and profits.
Trade body SpiritsEurope has urged the Greek government to phase in a cut on excise duties as it claims current measures are not working.
Coca-Cola HBC (CCHBC) has posted a drop in year-to-date profits and sales after volumes declines in Europe failed to offset emerging market gains.
SPI Group has extended its distribution deal with W S Karoulias for the Stolichnaya portfolio in Greece.
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Where does 'craft' sit in soft drinks? - Comment
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Anheuser-Busch InBev 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Incoming Coca-Cola CEO says job cuts are coming
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Campari warns of political unease as 2016 shines
- Cognac set for future growth - research
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine market in UK
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends