Germany: Latest beverage news & analysis
With just seven weeks left until the start of ProWein, just-drinks sat down with lead organiser Michael Degan to ask what makes the wine and spirits show one of the biggest draws on the alcohol calendar. Along the way, Degan reveals why the show is unlikely to get much bigger, discusses the possibility of adding beer to the mix and why German rock bands know their Riesling from their Spatburgunder.
Bar Convent Berlin wrapped up on Wednesday, with record numbers of visitors and exhibitors to the on-trade show. just-drinks sat down with co-founder Helmut Adam to find out what changes the show's new partnership with Reed Exhibitions has brought and how alcohol companies are raising brand awareness in cocktail bars around the world.
The Coca-Cola system was all over the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London this week. As well as The Coca-Cola Co itself, we also had presentations from Coca-Cola HBC, Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) and Coca-Cola Icecek.
Campari's full-year results yesterday were a mixed bag. The US and Russia performed well for the wine, spirits and soft drinks maker while Western Europe was disappointing.
Coca-Cola Enterprises' (CCE) anticipated purchase of The Coca-Cola Co's German operations has become the subject of much speculation amongst industry observers over the last 18 months about both the opportunities from and the sticking points behind a potential deal.
Distell has followed last month’s release of a 42-year-old iteration of Tobermory single malt with two younger expressions, as part of a competition to win a bottle of the older Scotch whisky.
Bitburger Brewery Group has lined up the domestic launch of four different cans for its namesake beer brand, to coincide with next month's Euro 2016 football tournament.
Refresco Gerber has lined up the purchase of a PepsiCo-owned bottling plant in Germany.
Pernod Ricard has agreed to take majority control of German dry-gin brand Monkey 47, from owners Black Forest Distillers.
US craft brewer Stone Brewing will release its first Berlin-brewed beers today.
Anheuser-Busch InBev and The Coca-Cola Co have joined other FIFA sponsors in penning an open letter to the association, calling for "independent oversight" of its reforms.
Diageo has lined up a raft of new Scotch whisky-based spirits products through an innovation-led try-out concept called 'Whiskey Union', initially in Austria and Germany.
Diageo has unveiled a new Smirnoff range in conjunction with a global music collaboration.
German spirits maker Waldemar Behn has launched an extension to its Dooley's Original Cream Liqueur range.
Pernod Ricard has said its on-trade relaunch of the Beefeater Crown Jewel is a “thank you” to bartenders who lobbied the company for the 50% abv gin's return.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol industry's calendar.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol industry's calendar.
How many beer mugs can one man carry?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends