France: Latest beverage news & analysis
Has it happened? Has China's Cognac market finally bottomed out?
In a trading update today, Remy Cointreau posted an 8% lift in reported sales for the nine months to the end of December. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by brand in the year-to-date.
Whether you're a brewer, a distiller or a winemaker, the watchword for results announcements this season is: strategic plan.
Remy Cointreau will issue its full first-half results on Thursday (23 July). Last month, in a trading update, the group reported a near-6% fall in organic sales in the six months to the end of September, with the second quarter performing better than the first.
It has been more than a year since Cognac makers such as Pernod Ricard stopped estimating how long it will be before their China markets turn around. The downturn has lasted far longer than these companies expected, and yesterday Pernod's CFO Gilles Bogaert risked little when he predicted that this fiscal year in the country is likely to be similar to the previous one.
French drinks group Castel Frères will this summer launch a brace of alcohol-free wines via its subsidiary company, Société des Vins de France.
Centre Vinicole Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte has confirmed the departure of its managing director, Julie Campos.
French spirits producer Maison Ferrand has bought its first distillery outside of France with the purchase of the West Indies Rum Distillery in Barbados.
Carlsberg-owned French brewer Brasseries Kronenbourg has announced the launch an "alcohol-free" version of its 1664 Blanc brand.
France’s wine and spirits exports registered a second consecutive record year in 2016, according to data released this week.
The trade organisation for Provence wines has named a new managing director.
A final-quarter decline for Sobieski vodka has dragged down Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits' full-year sales.
Heineken has confirmed plans to spend EUR9.3m (US$10m) on one of its three breweries in France.
Moet Hennessy has posted a strong jump in full-year sales and profits as healthy Cognac growth in China fuelled increasing optimism over the rebounding spirit.
English wine producer Chapel Down has launched its namesake brand in France after signing a deal with a premium on-premise distributor.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week the Tax Free World Exhibition. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends