France: Latest beverage news & analysis
This week sees Pernod Ricard switch its CEO, with Alexandre Ricard replacing Pierre Pringuet in the hot seat. With Pringuet retiring, just-drinks met up with him one last time to look back at his near 30-year career with the French wine and spirits group.
Has Remy Cointreau bitten off more than it can chew?
Rémy Cointreau today reported a drop in first-half sales but trends looked to improve as there was stabilisation in Asia-Pacific. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by brand in the nine months to the end of December.
Five years ago this week, French wine and spirits group Belvédère was embroiled in legal proceedings with creditors over the amount of debt it owed. Since then, the firm - which has Bruce Willis as a minority shareholder - has endured a roller coaster of fortunes in its bid to stay afloat.
Remy Cointreau today reported a drop in first-half sales after another weak showing in China. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by brand in the six months to the end of September.
Rémy Cointreau has privately placed EUR80m (US$90m) worth of bonds with an insurance company.
Pernod Ricard has announced a spate of executive changes that will see the chief of its Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouet division move to head up operations in Asia.
Boisset Family Estates has increased its stake in French counterpart Henri Maire from the 34% it took a year ago to 51%.
Carlsberg-owned Brasseries Kronenbourg is to invest EUR12m this year at its brewery in Obernai, in eastern France in order to adapt production facilities to an ever- expanding range of beers.
Pernod Ricard's Cognac brand Martell is marking its 300th anniversary this year. Last week, Andy Morton visited Martell's biggest distillery, Gallienne, in Cognac to speak with Martell brand ambassador Hugo Gallimard and check out the mood ahead of a year of celebrations.
Exports of rosé wines from Provence to the US jumped significantly last year, according to recent figures.
The French wine region of Languedoc-Roussillon has seen record exports in 2014, with sales driven by China, according to new figures.
Belvédère has forecast a profitable future after releasing full-year sales for 2014 that were down by 4.1% on the prior year.
Wine and spirits exports from France have posted their second consecutive year of decline, according to latest figures.
Pernod Ricard has reported a lift in half-year sales as Alexandre Ricard moves up to assume leadership.
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne.
With Travel Retail becoming increasingly important to drinks firms it's no surprise that the means to attract consumers are becoming more sophisticated.
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists.
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research