France: Latest beverage news & analysis
Has it happened? Has China's Cognac market finally bottomed out?
In a trading update today, Remy Cointreau posted an 8% lift in reported sales for the nine months to the end of December. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by brand in the year-to-date.
Whether you're a brewer, a distiller or a winemaker, the watchword for results announcements this season is: strategic plan.
Remy Cointreau will issue its full first-half results on Thursday (23 July). Last month, in a trading update, the group reported a near-6% fall in organic sales in the six months to the end of September, with the second quarter performing better than the first.
It has been more than a year since Cognac makers such as Pernod Ricard stopped estimating how long it will be before their China markets turn around. The downturn has lasted far longer than these companies expected, and yesterday Pernod's CFO Gilles Bogaert risked little when he predicted that this fiscal year in the country is likely to be similar to the previous one.
Vranken-Pommery Monopole has declined to issue a full-year forecast as still wine growth propped up falling Champagne sales in the first six months of the year.
Inter Beaujolais, the trade body for Beaujolais wine producers, has appointed a new president.
The Bordeaux Wine Council has appointed Maison Sichel head Allan Sichel as its new president.
The Bureau National Interprofessionnel de l’Armagnac has confirmed details of its latest president.
Gruppo Campari has delisted Société Des Produits Marnier Lapostolle after paying EUR10.7m (US$11.9m) for the Grand Marnier-owner's remaining shares.
Danone’s bottled water unit has increased production capacity for its French sparkling mineral water brand, La Salvetat.
French wine group AdVini is in exclusive negotiations to acquire Burgundy-based Béjot Vins et Terroirs (BVT).
Sazerac has announced the appointment of Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits as distributor for three of its brands in France, including recent purchase Southern Comfort.
The head of wine producer Badet Clément has said France lags the rest of the world on creating global wine brands and has warned that the country needs a complete rethink if it wants to catch up.
Laurent-Perrier has posted a healthy set of results from its latest fiscal full year, but has warned that the trading environment in 2016 "requires considerable caution".
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week the Tax Free World Exhibition. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages