France: Latest beverage news & analysis
This week sees Pernod Ricard switch its CEO, with Alexandre Ricard replacing Pierre Pringuet in the hot seat. With Pringuet retiring, just-drinks met up with him one last time to look back at his near 30-year career with the French wine and spirits group.
Has Remy Cointreau bitten off more than it can chew?
Rémy Cointreau today reported a drop in first-half sales but trends looked to improve as there was stabilisation in Asia-Pacific. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by brand in the nine months to the end of December.
Five years ago this week, French wine and spirits group Belvédère was embroiled in legal proceedings with creditors over the amount of debt it owed. Since then, the firm - which has Bruce Willis as a minority shareholder - has endured a roller coaster of fortunes in its bid to stay afloat.
Remy Cointreau today reported a drop in first-half sales after another weak showing in China. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by brand in the six months to the end of September.
Exports of Alsace wines posted solid growth in volume and value last year, according to figures obtained by just-drinks from the CIVA.
Rémy Cointreau has privately placed EUR80m (US$90m) worth of bonds with an insurance company.
Pernod Ricard has announced a spate of executive changes that will see the chief of its Martell Mumm Perrier-Jouet division move to head up operations in Asia.
Boisset Family Estates has increased its stake in French counterpart Henri Maire from the 34% it took a year ago to 51%.
Carlsberg-owned Brasseries Kronenbourg is to invest EUR12m this year at its brewery in Obernai, in eastern France in order to adapt production facilities to an ever- expanding range of beers.
Pernod Ricard's Cognac brand Martell is marking its 300th anniversary this year. Last week, Andy Morton visited Martell's biggest distillery, Gallienne, in Cognac to speak with Martell brand ambassador Hugo Gallimard and check out the mood ahead of a year of celebrations.
Exports of rosé wines from Provence to the US jumped significantly last year, according to recent figures.
The French wine region of Languedoc-Roussillon has seen record exports in 2014, with sales driven by China, according to new figures.
Belvédère has forecast a profitable future after releasing full-year sales for 2014 that were down by 4.1% on the prior year.
Wine and spirits exports from France have posted their second consecutive year of decline, according to latest figures.
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne.
With Travel Retail becoming increasingly important to drinks firms it's no surprise that the means to attract consumers are becoming more sophisticated.
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets