France: Latest beverage news & analysis
Pernod Ricard will report its third-quarter numbers on Thursday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at what the Paris-headquartered group has been up to in the three months to the end of March:
This week sees Pernod Ricard switch its CEO, with Alexandre Ricard replacing Pierre Pringuet in the hot seat. With Pringuet retiring, just-drinks met up with him one last time to look back at his near 30-year career with the French wine and spirits group.
Has Remy Cointreau bitten off more than it can chew?
Rémy Cointreau today reported a drop in first-half sales but trends looked to improve as there was stabilisation in Asia-Pacific. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance by brand in the nine months to the end of December.
Five years ago this week, French wine and spirits group Belvédère was embroiled in legal proceedings with creditors over the amount of debt it owed. Since then, the firm - which has Bruce Willis as a minority shareholder - has endured a roller coaster of fortunes in its bid to stay afloat.
Pernod Ricard has posted a healthy lift in sales for the first nine months of its fiscal year, with the later Chinese New Year providing a fillip to the third quarter.
Rémy Cointreau saw full-year sales decline by more than 6% in its most recent fiscal year, but the Rémy Martin Cognac brand bounced back, thanks to a late recovery in China.
Pernod Ricard has secured the services of film actor Diane Kruger as Martell Cognac’s ambassador for the brand’s 300th anniversary celebrations this year.
Moët Hennessy has seen its sales continue to struggle in the first quarter as issues in China remain.
Belvédère, the French wine and spirits group, has appointed an executive team as it continues a strategic plan to turn around falling sales.
Camus Wines and Spirits has agreed a deal for Laubade et Domaines Associés (LEDA) to distribute some of its “premium” Cognac brands in France.
Wine exports from France's Rhône Valley fell in both volume and value in 2014 as the region's sales in the UK and US suffered, latest figures have revealed.
The Château Bastor-Lamontagne, which produces the prestigious Sauternes appelation, has launched a special blend of the sweet Bordeaux white wine aimed at the apéritf and cocktail segment.
Exports of Alsace wines posted solid growth in volume and value last year, according to figures obtained by just-drinks from the CIVA.
Rémy Cointreau has privately placed EUR80m (US$90m) worth of bonds with an insurance company.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days.
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne.
With Travel Retail becoming increasingly important to drinks firms it's no surprise that the means to attract consumers are becoming more sophisticated.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets