France: Latest beverage news & analysis
Has it happened? Has China's Cognac market finally bottomed out?
In a trading update today, Remy Cointreau posted an 8% lift in reported sales for the nine months to the end of December. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by brand in the year-to-date.
Whether you're a brewer, a distiller or a winemaker, the watchword for results announcements this season is: strategic plan.
Remy Cointreau will issue its full first-half results on Thursday (23 July). Last month, in a trading update, the group reported a near-6% fall in organic sales in the six months to the end of September, with the second quarter performing better than the first.
It has been more than a year since Cognac makers such as Pernod Ricard stopped estimating how long it will be before their China markets turn around. The downturn has lasted far longer than these companies expected, and yesterday Pernod's CFO Gilles Bogaert risked little when he predicted that this fiscal year in the country is likely to be similar to the previous one.
Centre Vinicole Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte has confirmed the departure of its managing director, Julie Campos.
French spirits producer Maison Ferrand has bought its first distillery outside of France with the purchase of the West Indies Rum Distillery in Barbados.
Carlsberg-owned French brewer Brasseries Kronenbourg has announced the launch an "alcohol-free" version of its 1664 Blanc brand.
France’s wine and spirits exports registered a second consecutive record year in 2016, according to data released this week.
The trade organisation for Provence wines has named a new managing director.
A final-quarter decline for Sobieski vodka has dragged down Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits' full-year sales.
Heineken has confirmed plans to spend EUR9.3m (US$10m) on one of its three breweries in France.
Moet Hennessy has posted a strong jump in full-year sales and profits as healthy Cognac growth in China fuelled increasing optimism over the rebounding spirit.
English wine producer Chapel Down has launched its namesake brand in France after signing a deal with a premium on-premise distributor.
Strong Cognac sales in the third quarter have helped deliver an impressive year-to-date performance for Remy Cointreau.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
just-drinks is in Cannes this week the Tax Free World Exhibition. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Travel Retail calendar.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research