Finland: Latest beverage news & analysis
Soft drinks companies and brewers are facing the possibility of higher excise duties on their products as a result of tax reforms proposed by the Finnish Ministry of Finance. Ben Cooper reports.
Tito's Handmade Vodka has launched in Finland after owner Fifth Generation secured a distribution deal.
Altia Group has created a managing director role for its Cognac division. Jérôme Durand has assumed the position at Larsen SAS, following the integration of the Cognac house into the group.
A Finnish rum producer at the centre of a national debate over the country's strict alcohol marketing laws has branded current regulations “ridiculous”.
Altia Corp, the Finland-based wine and spirits firm, has announced plans to cut around a tenth of its workforce as it seeks to to boost its “long-term competitiveness”.
Altia has upgraded the packaging on its Chill Out wine range to make it easier to recycle.
The acting head of Altia has said the company needs owners that are willing to invest after the Finnish Government drew up plans for the state firm's sale.
Carlsberg has been fined DKK41m (EUR5.5m) after being found guilty of tax evasion in Finland.
Altia Corp has poached its next CEO from Carlsberg to replace the previous incumbent, who left late last year.
A political party in Finland's Coalition has demanded that the Government intervene to block the severance package agreed with the recently-released CEO of Altia Corp.
The CEO of Altia Corportation has been released with immediate effect after the Finnish group fell behind its financial targets.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends