Latest beverage news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Looking through the mist, Chris Losh can see China's wine production efforts becoming of greater importance to the wine world than the count...
When Heineken bought Carlsberg's Vung Tau brewery in southern Vietnam last month, it marked the latest in a string of investments by big bre...
Coca-Cola India has confirmed a temporary halt in production at its plant just outside Delhi, having been in communication with pollution co...
Alll eyes are on Brazil at the moment as the country gears up for the Rio Olympics. Euromonitor International's senior beverage analyst, Hop...
Ask a Chinese person about Chile and they will immediately mention one thing - cherries. The country is famous in China for its red cherries, which people see as wholesome and healthy. Chilean wine, however, is quickly catching up in the recognition stakes. According to Wines of Chile, exports to China increased by 47% last year, and the country now ranks as the third-biggest market for bottled Chilean wine.
This week, editor Olly Wehring has been travelling through the winelands of Chile with the country's biggest wine producer, Concha y Toro. While there, he met Sebastian Aguirre, the company's marketing director for premium wines, to delve deeper into CyT's biggest brand, Casillero del Diablo.
Heineken has confirmed that it is in "ongoing" discussions with Kirin Holdings over the possible acquisition of the Japanese group's Brazilian brewing operations.
Coca-Cola India has appointed Shehnaz Gill to lead its 14 bottlers in the country amid a shake-up of the The Coca-Cola Co unit's franchise-partner links.
The beer industry is well-placed to capitalise on rising incomes for India citizens, according to recently-released research, with the category poised to enjoy strong growth in the country in the years ahead.
The effects of India's recent demonetisation strategy will be felt for at least a year, according to a new analysis that paints a bleak picture of the fallout from the policy.
Diageo is considering upping its stake in United Spirits, according to a report.
Alcohol sold in a central Indian state will have to carry health warnings as part of a raft of government measures to curb consumption, according to reports.
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits