Latest beverage news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Looking through the mist, Chris Losh can see China's wine production efforts becoming of greater importance to the wine world than the count...
When Heineken bought Carlsberg's Vung Tau brewery in southern Vietnam last month, it marked the latest in a string of investments by big bre...
Coca-Cola India has confirmed a temporary halt in production at its plant just outside Delhi, having been in communication with pollution co...
Alll eyes are on Brazil at the moment as the country gears up for the Rio Olympics. Euromonitor International's senior beverage analyst, Hop...
Ask a Chinese person about Chile and they will immediately mention one thing - cherries. The country is famous in China for its red cherries, which people see as wholesome and healthy. Chilean wine, however, is quickly catching up in the recognition stakes. According to Wines of Chile, exports to China increased by 47% last year, and the country now ranks as the third-biggest market for bottled Chilean wine.
This week, editor Olly Wehring has been travelling through the winelands of Chile with the country's biggest wine producer, Concha y Toro. While there, he met Sebastian Aguirre, the company's marketing director for premium wines, to delve deeper into CyT's biggest brand, Casillero del Diablo.
Strong sales and volumes increases in South America have driven Arca Continental's YTD performance.
Johnnie Walker-owner Diageo is the most exposed to a ban on alcohol in Thailand following the death of the country's king, an analyst has said.
Heineken has confirmed its intention to cease production at its brewery in the Russian province of Kaliningrad.
William Grant & Sons has appointed a former Diageo executive to head up its Travel Retail unit in Taiwan.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to pay a US$6m fine after US authorities ruled that an Indian unit of the brewer had violated a corrupt practices act in India and "chilled" a whistleblower.
Distell has released a 15-year-old whisky finished in South Africa's Pinotage wine casks. Three Ships 15 Year Old Pinotage Cask Finish is limited to 4,000 bottles, 3,500 of which will be available to purchase.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends