Latest beverage news & analysis in Emerging Markets
Looking through the mist, Chris Losh can see China's wine production efforts becoming of greater importance to the wine world than the count...
When Heineken bought Carlsberg's Vung Tau brewery in southern Vietnam last month, it marked the latest in a string of investments by big bre...
Coca-Cola India has confirmed a temporary halt in production at its plant just outside Delhi, having been in communication with pollution co...
Alll eyes are on Brazil at the moment as the country gears up for the Rio Olympics. Euromonitor International's senior beverage analyst, Hop...
Ask a Chinese person about Chile and they will immediately mention one thing - cherries. The country is famous in China for its red cherries, which people see as wholesome and healthy. Chilean wine, however, is quickly catching up in the recognition stakes. According to Wines of Chile, exports to China increased by 47% last year, and the country now ranks as the third-biggest market for bottled Chilean wine.
This week, editor Olly Wehring has been travelling through the winelands of Chile with the country's biggest wine producer, Concha y Toro. While there, he met Sebastian Aguirre, the company's marketing director for premium wines, to delve deeper into CyT's biggest brand, Casillero del Diablo.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to pay a US$6m fine after US authorities ruled that an Indian unit of the brewer had violated a corrupt practices act in India and "chilled" a whistleblower.
Distell has released a 15-year-old whisky finished in South Africa's Pinotage wine casks. Three Ships 15 Year Old Pinotage Cask Finish is limited to 4,000 bottles, 3,500 of which will be available to purchase.
Jose Cuervo has finally confirmed its intention to launch an IPO in Mexico.
South African conglomerate Remgro has said it is considering a move for SABMiller's stake in wine and spirits group Distell.
The Diageo-controlled United Spirits has released a honey-flavoured version of its flagship whisky brand, McDowell's No. 1.
Taiwan has joined the list of high-value markets where Scotch is registered as a trademark.
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends