Egypt: Latest beverage news & analysis
PepsiCo is to invest US$500m in Egypt this year to expand production in the country, according to reports.
A PepsiCo joint venture in Egypt is to invest EGY2.5bn (US$375m) to capture a bigger share of the country's dairy-based beverage market.
Heineken has suspended beer and soft drinks operations in Egypt due to widespread political protests against the country's president, Hosni Mubarak.
Egyptian juice and dairy group Juhayna Food Industries has seen its net profits more than triple in the first half of the year.
PepsiCo joint venture International Dairy and Juice Limited (IDJ) has acquired Egypt's International Company for Agro-Industrial Projects (Beyti).
Société Nationale d’Industries Nutritives (Sonut) is to raise US$14m to help fund its two-year expansion plan.
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Pernod readies Avion Tequila US sweepstake
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research