Egypt: Latest beverage news & analysis
PepsiCo is to invest US$500m in Egypt this year to expand production in the country, according to reports.
A PepsiCo joint venture in Egypt is to invest EGY2.5bn (US$375m) to capture a bigger share of the country's dairy-based beverage market.
Heineken has suspended beer and soft drinks operations in Egypt due to widespread political protests against the country's president, Hosni Mubarak.
Egyptian juice and dairy group Juhayna Food Industries has seen its net profits more than triple in the first half of the year.
PepsiCo joint venture International Dairy and Juice Limited (IDJ) has acquired Egypt's International Company for Agro-Industrial Projects (Beyti).
Société Nationale d’Industries Nutritives (Sonut) is to raise US$14m to help fund its two-year expansion plan.
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India