Egypt: Latest beverage news & analysis
PepsiCo is to invest US$500m in Egypt this year to expand production in the country, according to reports.
A PepsiCo joint venture in Egypt is to invest EGY2.5bn (US$375m) to capture a bigger share of the country's dairy-based beverage market.
Heineken has suspended beer and soft drinks operations in Egypt due to widespread political protests against the country's president, Hosni Mubarak.
Egyptian juice and dairy group Juhayna Food Industries has seen its net profits more than triple in the first half of the year.
PepsiCo joint venture International Dairy and Juice Limited (IDJ) has acquired Egypt's International Company for Agro-Industrial Projects (Beyti).
Société Nationale d’Industries Nutritives (Sonut) is to raise US$14m to help fund its two-year expansion plan.
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research