Egypt: Latest beverage news & analysis
PepsiCo is to invest US$500m in Egypt this year to expand production in the country, according to reports.
A PepsiCo joint venture in Egypt is to invest EGY2.5bn (US$375m) to capture a bigger share of the country's dairy-based beverage market.
Heineken has suspended beer and soft drinks operations in Egypt due to widespread political protests against the country's president, Hosni Mubarak.
Egyptian juice and dairy group Juhayna Food Industries has seen its net profits more than triple in the first half of the year.
PepsiCo joint venture International Dairy and Juice Limited (IDJ) has acquired Egypt's International Company for Agro-Industrial Projects (Beyti).
Société Nationale d’Industries Nutritives (Sonut) is to raise US$14m to help fund its two-year expansion plan.
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research