Egypt: Latest beverage news & analysis
PepsiCo is to invest US$500m in Egypt this year to expand production in the country, according to reports.
A PepsiCo joint venture in Egypt is to invest EGY2.5bn (US$375m) to capture a bigger share of the country's dairy-based beverage market.
Heineken has suspended beer and soft drinks operations in Egypt due to widespread political protests against the country's president, Hosni Mubarak.
Egyptian juice and dairy group Juhayna Food Industries has seen its net profits more than triple in the first half of the year.
PepsiCo joint venture International Dairy and Juice Limited (IDJ) has acquired Egypt's International Company for Agro-Industrial Projects (Beyti).
Société Nationale d’Industries Nutritives (Sonut) is to raise US$14m to help fund its two-year expansion plan.
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Brito gives call to arms to SABMiller shareholders
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research