Cuba: Latest beverage news & analysis
Being based in the Cuban capital of Havana has its benefits, such as having a swimming pool in front of your office. But, for Jérôme Cottin-Bizonne, head of Havana Club International, the JV between Pernod Ricard and the Cuban government, there's little time to relax as the rum brand gears up for global growth. Here, the 41 year-old executive sits down with just-drinks' deputy editor, James Wilmore.
Already a growth spirits category, the rum sector is unquestionably made all the more interesting for the presence of Havana Club. In this month’s just the answer, Olly Wehring spoke with Marc Beuve-Méry, managing director of Havana Club International, about denominations of origin for rum, the US embargo on Cuban rum and the ensuing trademark battle between Pernod Ricard and Bacardi over the Havana Club brand.
Pernod Ricard will roll out several brands in Cuba, as it looks to capitalise on the country's growing tourism trends.
A group of US-based drinks importers have visited Cuba to scope out potential trade opportunities.
Pernod Ricard has launched a new global push for its Havana Club rum JV, designed to highlight the "passion and unique spirit" of the brand and the Cuban people.
Last week, just-drinks was given a tour of Havana Club's San José distillery as part of a five-day trip as guests of the company. Here, Sergio Valdez, Havana Club's export manager, provides the commentary:
Pernod Ricard has launched a new premium expression of its Havana Club rum brand in collaboration with Cuban cigar producer Cohiba.
Pernod Ricard is to update the packaging for the 15-year-old expression of its Havana Club brand.
Pernod Ricard has moved to side-step its long-running legal row with Bacardi over the Havana Club trademark in the US, by lining up a new rum brand for the US called Havanista.
Pernod Ricard has confirmed a change of managing director at its Havana Club International JV, amid a raft of executive changes.
Pernod Ricard's Cuban rum joint-venture with Cubaexport, Havana Club, has lined up a global advertising campaign for its namesake brand.
Pernod Ricard's Cuban rum joint venture, Havana Club International, has posted a slight dip in full-year volume sales of its namesake brand, in what the firm has described as a “resilient performance”.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum.
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends