Colombia: Latest beverage news & analysis
With markets as varied as SABMiller's, there's always going to be a few bad eggs in quarterly results. Yesterday's first-half statement was no different, with China and Australia marked out as the problem pupils. Latin America, in contrast, behaved impeccably with the region boosting sales by 4% and EBITDA by a healthy 7%.
The European Union (EU) has called on the World Trade Organisation (WTO) to establish a disputes panel to consider its claim that Colombia is breaking global trade rules over the country's alleged "discriminatory treatment" of imported spirits.
South American drinks company Compania Cervecerias Unidas has said construction of its Colombia brewery is scheduled to start in the first half of this year.
Molson Coors has lined up the roll-out of its Coors Light brand in Colombia.
The drinks trade has welcomed a European Union request that would see the World Trade Organisation tackle Colombia over what is perceived as being unfair taxation.
The Latin American unit of Anheuser-Busch InBev has made a move into the craft beer category in Colombia through the purchase of Bogotá Beer Co.
Financial regulators in Colombia have waved through a deal allowing private conglomerate Postobón and Compania Cervecerias Unidas (CCU) to brew and sell Heineken's brands in the South American country, according to reports.
Diageo has launched a store exclusively for its own brands in Colombia's main international airport.
CCU, the Chilean drinks firm, is set to launch into the Colombian beer market after signing a joint-venture deal with private conglomerate Postobón.
SABMiller has appointed a new president of its Colombian brewing subsidiary, Bavaria.
Coca-Cola Co has released a bottle for its trademark brand made entirely out of ice.
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020