China: Latest beverage news & analysis
Rabobank has released a report on the Chinese alcohol market that predicts huge growth in flavoured alcoholic beverages as demand for traditional beer subsides. Here's a round-up of some of the reports key findings:
Pernod Ricard has said it is looking beyond its Chivas range to find growth in China's struggling Scotch whisky market.
Pernod Ricard's Asia head has said the unit is on track in China after a better-than-expected Chinese New Year saw Cognac volumes improve.
Five years ago this month, Diageo signed a deal to take a controlling stake in China's Sichuan Chengdu Quanxing Group, the company behind the baijiu brand Shuijingfang.
Gifting is still an “integral” part of wider Chinese culture, but the country's anti-extravagance campaign has been “incredibly disruptive”, Diageo's Asia head has told analysts.
Producers of entry-level and mid-priced wines could profit from the slowdown in the Chinese economy and government austerity measures, according to a new study.
China Huiyuan Juice Group has offloaded nine struggling subsidiaries in its home market.
China Resources Enterprises (CRE) has posted a healthy leap in Q1 beer and soft drinks profits as the group prepares to offload its non-beer businesses.
Tingyi's Q1 beverage profits have dropped by almost half as sales for PepsiCo's Chinese partner continue to slide.
Carlsberg is set to take full ownership of Chinese brewer Wusu Beer Group (WBG) as it continues to up its presence in the country.
The Coca-Cola Co has offered to buy Chinese protein drinks maker Xiamen Culiangwang Beverage Technology in a deal worth US$400m.
Remy Cointreau's Cognac brand Remy Martin has increased its WeChat followers by five-fold in two days after an advertising campaign on the Chinese social media platform.
Tingyi has posted a slide in full-year beverage sales, as the group felt the impact of the slowdown in its domestic market of China.
Starbucks is to develop new RTD products for China after signing an agreement with PepsiCo partner Tingyi.
Beer production in China has fallen for the first time in a decade, with the country's anti-corruption crackdown being blamed, according to local reports.
Tennis player Novak Djokovic was on top of the world yesterday after defeating Andy Murray in four sets to take the Australian Open title.
A joint US and Chinese study released this week found that a tea made with broccoli sprouts helps the body to break down and expunge high levels of the chemical benzene.
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Britvic appoints SABMiller's Dunn as CFO
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research