China: Latest beverage news & analysis
Rabobank has released a report on the Chinese alcohol market that predicts huge growth in flavoured alcoholic beverages as demand for traditional beer subsides. Here's a round-up of some of the reports key findings:
Pernod Ricard has said it is looking beyond its Chivas range to find growth in China's struggling Scotch whisky market.
Pernod Ricard's Asia head has said the unit is on track in China after a better-than-expected Chinese New Year saw Cognac volumes improve.
Five years ago this month, Diageo signed a deal to take a controlling stake in China's Sichuan Chengdu Quanxing Group, the company behind the baijiu brand Shuijingfang.
Gifting is still an “integral” part of wider Chinese culture, but the country's anti-extravagance campaign has been “incredibly disruptive”, Diageo's Asia head has told analysts.
Carlsberg is set to take full ownership of Chinese brewer Wusu Beer Group (WBG) as it continues to up its presence in the country.
The Coca-Cola Co has offered to buy Chinese protein drinks maker Xiamen Culiangwang Beverage Technology in a deal worth US$400m.
Remy Cointreau's Cognac brand Remy Martin has increased its WeChat followers by five-fold in two days after an advertising campaign on the Chinese social media platform.
Tingyi has posted a slide in full-year beverage sales, as the group felt the impact of the slowdown in its domestic market of China.
Starbucks is to develop new RTD products for China after signing an agreement with PepsiCo partner Tingyi.
Beer production in China has fallen for the first time in a decade, with the country's anti-corruption crackdown being blamed, according to local reports.
China's state-backed Beijing Yanjing Brewery is looking to sell a 20% stake to a foreign partner, according to a report.
Reforms to the rules covering foreign ownership of baijiu brands in China could see an influx of overseas investment in the category, according to a new report.
China is expected to regain top spot as the biggest consumer of red wine over the next five years after anti-extravagance measures saw France take over, new figures have shown.
Tingyi (Cayman Islands) Holding Corp has promoted James Wei to the role of group CEO.
Tennis player Novak Djokovic was on top of the world yesterday after defeating Andy Murray in four sets to take the Australian Open title.
A joint US and Chinese study released this week found that a tea made with broccoli sprouts helps the body to break down and expunge high levels of the chemical benzene.
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer