China: Latest beverage news & analysis
Rabobank has released a report on the Chinese alcohol market that predicts huge growth in flavoured alcoholic beverages as demand for traditional beer subsides. Here's a round-up of some of the reports key findings:
Pernod Ricard has said it is looking beyond its Chivas range to find growth in China's struggling Scotch whisky market.
Pernod Ricard's Asia head has said the unit is on track in China after a better-than-expected Chinese New Year saw Cognac volumes improve.
Five years ago this month, Diageo signed a deal to take a controlling stake in China's Sichuan Chengdu Quanxing Group, the company behind the baijiu brand Shuijingfang.
Gifting is still an “integral” part of wider Chinese culture, but the country's anti-extravagance campaign has been “incredibly disruptive”, Diageo's Asia head has told analysts.
China Huiyuan Juice Group has offloaded nine struggling subsidiaries in its home market.
China Resources Enterprises (CRE) has posted a healthy leap in Q1 beer and soft drinks profits as the group prepares to offload its non-beer businesses.
Tingyi's Q1 beverage profits have dropped by almost half as sales for PepsiCo's Chinese partner continue to slide.
Carlsberg is set to take full ownership of Chinese brewer Wusu Beer Group (WBG) as it continues to up its presence in the country.
The Coca-Cola Co has offered to buy Chinese protein drinks maker Xiamen Culiangwang Beverage Technology in a deal worth US$400m.
Remy Cointreau's Cognac brand Remy Martin has increased its WeChat followers by five-fold in two days after an advertising campaign on the Chinese social media platform.
Tingyi has posted a slide in full-year beverage sales, as the group felt the impact of the slowdown in its domestic market of China.
Starbucks is to develop new RTD products for China after signing an agreement with PepsiCo partner Tingyi.
Beer production in China has fallen for the first time in a decade, with the country's anti-corruption crackdown being blamed, according to local reports.
China's state-backed Beijing Yanjing Brewery is looking to sell a 20% stake to a foreign partner, according to a report.
Tennis player Novak Djokovic was on top of the world yesterday after defeating Andy Murray in four sets to take the Australian Open title.
A joint US and Chinese study released this week found that a tea made with broccoli sprouts helps the body to break down and expunge high levels of the chemical benzene.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research