China: Latest beverage news & analysis
Rabobank has released a report on the Chinese alcohol market that predicts huge growth in flavoured alcoholic beverages as demand for traditional beer subsides. Here's a round-up of some of the reports key findings:
Pernod Ricard has said it is looking beyond its Chivas range to find growth in China's struggling Scotch whisky market.
Pernod Ricard's Asia head has said the unit is on track in China after a better-than-expected Chinese New Year saw Cognac volumes improve.
Five years ago this month, Diageo signed a deal to take a controlling stake in China's Sichuan Chengdu Quanxing Group, the company behind the baijiu brand Shuijingfang.
Gifting is still an “integral” part of wider Chinese culture, but the country's anti-extravagance campaign has been “incredibly disruptive”, Diageo's Asia head has told analysts.
The Coca-Cola Co has broken ground on its 45th production plant in China as part of a US$4bn investment in the country.
Leading spirits producers' share prices rallied today despite another devaluation in China's currency, that hit stocks yesterday.
China's devaluation of its currency could squeeze profit margins for Scotch producers and other country-of-origin drinks makers, an analyst has warned.
The Coca-Cola Co has started work on a US$50m plant in Hunan, its second in the central China province.
China’s leading online alcohol retailer Jiuxian has secured an extra CNY500m (US$80m) in funding ahead of an expected listing on a new Chinese stock market.
Producers of entry-level and mid-priced wines could profit from the slowdown in the Chinese economy and government austerity measures, according to a new study.
China Huiyuan Juice Group has offloaded nine struggling subsidiaries in its home market.
China Resources Enterprises (CRE) has posted a healthy leap in Q1 beer and soft drinks profits as the group prepares to offload its non-beer businesses.
Tingyi's Q1 beverage profits have dropped by almost half as sales for PepsiCo's Chinese partner continue to slide.
Carlsberg is set to take full ownership of Chinese brewer Wusu Beer Group (WBG) as it continues to up its presence in the country.
Tennis player Novak Djokovic was on top of the world yesterday after defeating Andy Murray in four sets to take the Australian Open title.
A joint US and Chinese study released this week found that a tea made with broccoli sprouts helps the body to break down and expunge high levels of the chemical benzene.
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research