China: Latest beverage news & analysis
This week, Anheuser-Busch InBev is holding an investors seminar in China. Here's a low-down on the company's footprint in the country and in Asia Pacific, as well as its expectations for the future, courtesy of data from Nomura and Exane BNP Paribas.
Rabobank has released a report on the Chinese alcohol market that predicts huge growth in flavoured alcoholic beverages as demand for traditional beer subsides. Here's a round-up of some of the reports key findings:
Pernod Ricard has said it is looking beyond its Chivas range to find growth in China's struggling Scotch whisky market.
Pernod Ricard's Asia head has said the unit is on track in China after a better-than-expected Chinese New Year saw Cognac volumes improve.
Five years ago this month, Diageo signed a deal to take a controlling stake in China's Sichuan Chengdu Quanxing Group, the company behind the baijiu brand Shuijingfang.
The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co has said the company's bottling system in China has evolved to the point where re-franchising is the "next logical step".
Anheuser-Busch InBev has refused to be drawn on speculation that it is looking to retain SABMiller's stake in the owner of the world's largest lager brand, CR Snow.
Voss Water has sold a controlling stake in its namesake brand to Red Bull China owner Reignwood Group.
China's bottled water consumption increased by 9% last year, but the market remains fragmented and national brands face tough competition from regional players, a new report has said.
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) has signed up its wine brand Wolf Blass to sponsor the National Basketball Association's Chinese arm ahead of a new marketing push in the country.
Anti-extravagance measures have changed China's Cognac market irrevocably, an analyst has said.
Domestic beer volumes in China dropped in the first half of this year as imports continued to grow, new figures show.
The CEO of Remy Cointreau has said the next generation of drinkers will help boost growth in China.
New Zealand wine company Delegat has entered the Chinese market through a newly-opened office in Shanghai.
ProWein has reported a 25% increase in trade visitors to its Shanghai event ProWine China.
Tennis player Novak Djokovic was on top of the world yesterday after defeating Andy Murray in four sets to take the Australian Open title.
A joint US and Chinese study released this week found that a tea made with broccoli sprouts helps the body to break down and expunge high levels of the chemical benzene.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research