Canada: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported its Q3 and YTD results. Here, just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q3 performance by region.
Molson Coors has said there is “more work to be done” on Coors Light in Canada despite a slight rally for the brand in the second quarter.
Molson Coors’ CEO has declared that innovation remains the company’s “top priority” in 2014 as part of a bid to attract new drinkers.
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported a healthy rise in full-year net profits and sales. Fourth-quarter profits also leapt, but the brewer's sales were flat in the last three months of the year. Here just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q4 performance by region.
A new report - From Farm to Glass: The Value of Beer - published today (5 November) reveals some key facts and figures on Canada's beer market. Here's we present highlights from the report, which was commissioned by Beer Canada, and published by the Conference Board of Canada:
Campbell Soup Co has issued a voluntary product recall in Canada after protein shakes from its Bolthouse Farms subsidiary were found to be spoiled.
Calgary Co-operative Wine Spirits Beer in Alberta province is to open a series of shops designed to cater to the tastes of specific neighbourhoods.
Beer and cider sales for Ontario's state alcohol monopoly jumped more than 10% in its latest fiscal year as a thawing in Prohibition-era regulations failed to dent demand.
Canada is the latest country to approve Anheuser-Busch InBev’s takeover of SABMiller, as well as Molson Coors’ proposed buyout of SAB’s stake in the MillerCoors joint-venture in North America.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said its new non-alcoholic Budweiser, Prohibition Brew, has been designed to capture global trends for less-sugary beverages.
Anheuser-Busch InBev is to unveil a non-alcoholic Budweiser tomorrow in Canada.
Molson Coors's Canadian craft division has purchased a minority stake in craft brewer Brasseur de Montréal.
Canada's Brick Brewing Co has followed last week's launch of Margaritaville Classic Margarita coolers with the roll out of LandShark Lager.
Canada's Brick Brewing Co has launched Margaritaville's Classic Margarita coolers in The Beer Store, Ontario.
Brick Brewing Co has added a Green Grape variant to its Seagram vodka cooler line-up.
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
It must be high-fives all round among the marketing team at Molson Coors’ Canada unit.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends