Canada: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported its Q3 and YTD results. Here, just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q3 performance by region.
Molson Coors has said there is “more work to be done” on Coors Light in Canada despite a slight rally for the brand in the second quarter.
Molson Coors’ CEO has declared that innovation remains the company’s “top priority” in 2014 as part of a bid to attract new drinkers.
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported a healthy rise in full-year net profits and sales. Fourth-quarter profits also leapt, but the brewer's sales were flat in the last three months of the year. Here just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q4 performance by region.
A new report - From Farm to Glass: The Value of Beer - published today (5 November) reveals some key facts and figures on Canada's beer market. Here's we present highlights from the report, which was commissioned by Beer Canada, and published by the Conference Board of Canada:
Bacardi has confirmed to just-drinks that it will cease operations at its only company-owned packing facility in Canada as it looks to increase efficiencies.
Drinks producers in the European Union are looking to quickly exploit the export benefits that are expected from the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) with Canada.
Molson Coors has recorded a near-US$500m impairment charge in Canada after the company was moved to reassess the value of its brands in the country.
The US has lodged a complaint with the World Trade Organisation against the limiting of wine sales in British Columbia to brands produced solely in the Canadian province.
Brewery workers at Molson Coors' Toronto plant have taken industrial action, following failed contract negotiations.
Treasury Wine Estates has appointed Mark Anthony Wine & Spirits to handle its wine portfolio in Canada.
Canadian brewer Moosehead has cancelled plans to build a small-batch brewery amid escalating costs.
Constellation Brands has successfully completed the divestment of its Canadian wine operations ahead of the festive period.
Canada's Brick Brewing Co has posted strong jumps in YTD sales and profits as cost-cutting measures boosted margins.
The CEO of Canada's Big Rock Brewery has said he will step down at the end of December.
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
It must be high-fives all round among the marketing team at Molson Coors’ Canada unit.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Brown-Forman launches brand nutrition website
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers