Canada: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported its Q3 and YTD results. Here, just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q3 performance by region.
Molson Coors has said there is “more work to be done” on Coors Light in Canada despite a slight rally for the brand in the second quarter.
Molson Coors’ CEO has declared that innovation remains the company’s “top priority” in 2014 as part of a bid to attract new drinkers.
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported a healthy rise in full-year net profits and sales. Fourth-quarter profits also leapt, but the brewer's sales were flat in the last three months of the year. Here just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q4 performance by region.
A new report - From Farm to Glass: The Value of Beer - published today (5 November) reveals some key facts and figures on Canada's beer market. Here's we present highlights from the report, which was commissioned by Beer Canada, and published by the Conference Board of Canada:
Brick Brewing Co's craft beer division Waterloo Brewing has lined up the launch of a citrus radler.
Consumption of beer in Canada has fallen 8% in the past five years as older consumers move away from the category.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has launched a radler-style Bud Light as it looks to innovate around the Budweiser extension.
Moet Hennessy has appointed a new managing director at its Canadian unit.
Corby Spirit & Wine and parent Pernod Ricard have secured an extension to their distribution agreement in the US.
The Canadian arm of The Coca-Cola Co has readied the nation-wide roll-out of the sparkling extension of its Glaceau Smartwater brand.
Molson Coors' Canadian unit has added two higher-abv variants to its Mad Jack brand line up.
Bacardi has confirmed to just-drinks that it will cease operations at its only company-owned packing facility in Canada as it looks to increase efficiencies.
Drinks producers in the European Union are looking to quickly exploit the export benefits that are expected from the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) with Canada.
Molson Coors has recorded a near-US$500m impairment charge in Canada after the company was moved to reassess the value of its brands in the country.
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
It must be high-fives all round among the marketing team at Molson Coors’ Canada unit.
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World