Canada: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported its Q3 and YTD results. Here, just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q3 performance by region.
Molson Coors has said there is “more work to be done” on Coors Light in Canada despite a slight rally for the brand in the second quarter.
Molson Coors’ CEO has declared that innovation remains the company’s “top priority” in 2014 as part of a bid to attract new drinkers.
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported a healthy rise in full-year net profits and sales. Fourth-quarter profits also leapt, but the brewer's sales were flat in the last three months of the year. Here just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q4 performance by region.
A new report - From Farm to Glass: The Value of Beer - published today (5 November) reveals some key facts and figures on Canada's beer market. Here's we present highlights from the report, which was commissioned by Beer Canada, and published by the Conference Board of Canada:
Constellation Brands has announced a raft of job changes as it looks to support long-term growth plans.
Calgary-based Big Rock Brewery has launched a single-hop IPA, created at its Vancouver site.
Brick Brewing Co has upped its contract manufacturing presence with a new agreement that should account for at least one-tenth of the Canadian brewer's total volumes after the first year.
Consumers in Ontario are now allowed to buy beer from grocery stores, as the state government continues to relax alcohol monopoly laws.
Canada's Brick Brewing Co has acquired the Canadian rights to the LandShark and Margaritaville brands for beer, cider and malt-based coolers.
A trade row between Canada and the US over beef and pork imports is set to spill over into the drinks industry.
Keurig Green Mountain has reduced the price of the Keurig Kold for its Canadian launch.
Brown-Forman has updated the packaging for its Collingwood Canadian whisky brand in the US.
Canada has moved a step closer to a privatised drinks retailing industry following Saskatchewan province's plan to privatise 40 of its liquor stores.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Canadian unit, Labatt Breweries, is to up its “near-beer” interests with the US$350m purchase of the Canadian rights to a range of primarily spirit-based beers and ciders from Mark Anthony Group.
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
It must be high-fives all round among the marketing team at Molson Coors’ Canada unit.
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research