Canada: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported its Q3 and YTD results. Here, just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q3 performance by region.
Molson Coors has said there is “more work to be done” on Coors Light in Canada despite a slight rally for the brand in the second quarter.
Molson Coors’ CEO has declared that innovation remains the company’s “top priority” in 2014 as part of a bid to attract new drinkers.
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported a healthy rise in full-year net profits and sales. Fourth-quarter profits also leapt, but the brewer's sales were flat in the last three months of the year. Here just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q4 performance by region.
A new report - From Farm to Glass: The Value of Beer - published today (5 November) reveals some key facts and figures on Canada's beer market. Here's we present highlights from the report, which was commissioned by Beer Canada, and published by the Conference Board of Canada:
The Canadian arm of The Coca-Cola Co has readied the nation-wide roll-out of the sparkling extension of its Glaceau Smartwater brand.
Molson Coors' Canadian unit has added two higher-abv variants to its Mad Jack brand line up.
Bacardi has confirmed to just-drinks that it will cease operations at its only company-owned packing facility in Canada as it looks to increase efficiencies.
Drinks producers in the European Union are looking to quickly exploit the export benefits that are expected from the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) with Canada.
Molson Coors has recorded a near-US$500m impairment charge in Canada after the company was moved to reassess the value of its brands in the country.
The US has lodged a complaint with the World Trade Organisation against the limiting of wine sales in British Columbia to brands produced solely in the Canadian province.
Brewery workers at Molson Coors' Toronto plant have taken industrial action, following failed contract negotiations.
Treasury Wine Estates has appointed Mark Anthony Wine & Spirits to handle its wine portfolio in Canada.
Canadian brewer Moosehead has cancelled plans to build a small-batch brewery amid escalating costs.
Constellation Brands has successfully completed the divestment of its Canadian wine operations ahead of the festive period.
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
It must be high-fives all round among the marketing team at Molson Coors’ Canada unit.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research