Canada: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported its Q3 and YTD results. Here, just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q3 performance by region.
Molson Coors has said there is “more work to be done” on Coors Light in Canada despite a slight rally for the brand in the second quarter.
Molson Coors’ CEO has declared that innovation remains the company’s “top priority” in 2014 as part of a bid to attract new drinkers.
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported a healthy rise in full-year net profits and sales. Fourth-quarter profits also leapt, but the brewer's sales were flat in the last three months of the year. Here just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q4 performance by region.
A new report - From Farm to Glass: The Value of Beer - published today (5 November) reveals some key facts and figures on Canada's beer market. Here's we present highlights from the report, which was commissioned by Beer Canada, and published by the Conference Board of Canada:
Diageo has added a vanilla-flavoured whisky to its Crown Royal range.
The Canadian division of The Coca-Cola Co has launched the Coca-Cola Life variant in the country.
Canadian drinks group Andrew Peller Limited has extended its partnership with former ice hockey player Wayne Gretzky to include a Canadian whisky.
Canadian drinks firm Corby Spirit & Wine has agreed to acquire the spirits assets from spirits and cider company Domaines Pinnacle, for CAD12m (US$9.2m).
A decline for Corby Spirit & Wine's core portfolio has failed to dent full-year performance as a renegotiated deal with Pernod Ricard boosted commissions for affiliate brands.
Brick Brewing has announced the release of Farmhouse Cider, under its Seagram brand. The company said the product is preservative and gluten free.
Molson Coors has said it plans to build a new "technologically advanced" brewery in Chilliwack, British Columbia.
Wirtz Beverage Canada has merged with Breakthru Beverage Group, trading as Breakthru Beverage Canada in the country.
Actor Dan Aykroyd has launched a drier, spicier variant of his Crystal Head vodka brand.
Campbell Soup Co has issued a voluntary product recall in Canada after protein shakes from its Bolthouse Farms subsidiary were found to be spoiled.
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
It must be high-fives all round among the marketing team at Molson Coors’ Canada unit.
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends