Canada: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported its Q3 and YTD results. Here, just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q3 performance by region.
Molson Coors has said there is “more work to be done” on Coors Light in Canada despite a slight rally for the brand in the second quarter.
Molson Coors’ CEO has declared that innovation remains the company’s “top priority” in 2014 as part of a bid to attract new drinkers.
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported a healthy rise in full-year net profits and sales. Fourth-quarter profits also leapt, but the brewer's sales were flat in the last three months of the year. Here just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q4 performance by region.
A new report - From Farm to Glass: The Value of Beer - published today (5 November) reveals some key facts and figures on Canada's beer market. Here's we present highlights from the report, which was commissioned by Beer Canada, and published by the Conference Board of Canada:
Brewery workers at Molson Coors' Toronto plant have taken industrial action, following failed contract negotiations.
Treasury Wine Estates has appointed Mark Anthony Wine & Spirits to handle its wine portfolio in Canada.
Canadian brewer Moosehead has cancelled plans to build a small-batch brewery amid escalating costs.
Constellation Brands has successfully completed the divestment of its Canadian wine operations ahead of the festive period.
Canada's Brick Brewing Co has posted strong jumps in YTD sales and profits as cost-cutting measures boosted margins.
The CEO of Canada's Big Rock Brewery has said he will step down at the end of December.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Canadian unit, Labatt Breweries, is to end a benefits policy that gives free beer to all retirees in Canada.
Diageo has added a vanilla-flavoured whisky to its Crown Royal range.
The Canadian division of The Coca-Cola Co has launched the Coca-Cola Life variant in the country.
Canadian drinks group Andrew Peller Limited has extended its partnership with former ice hockey player Wayne Gretzky to include a Canadian whisky.
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
It must be high-fives all round among the marketing team at Molson Coors’ Canada unit.
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits