Canada: Latest beverage news & analysis
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported its Q3 and YTD results. Here, just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q3 performance by region.
Molson Coors has said there is “more work to be done” on Coors Light in Canada despite a slight rally for the brand in the second quarter.
Molson Coors’ CEO has declared that innovation remains the company’s “top priority” in 2014 as part of a bid to attract new drinkers.
Earlier today, Molson Coors reported a healthy rise in full-year net profits and sales. Fourth-quarter profits also leapt, but the brewer's sales were flat in the last three months of the year. Here just-drinks takes closer look at the brewer’s Q4 performance by region.
A new report - From Farm to Glass: The Value of Beer - published today (5 November) reveals some key facts and figures on Canada's beer market. Here's we present highlights from the report, which was commissioned by Beer Canada, and published by the Conference Board of Canada:
Keurig Green Mountain has reduced the price of the Keurig Kold for its Canadian launch.
Brown-Forman has updated the packaging for its Collingwood Canadian whisky brand in the US.
Canada has moved a step closer to a privatised drinks retailing industry following Saskatchewan province's plan to privatise 40 of its liquor stores.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Canadian unit, Labatt Breweries, is to up its “near-beer” interests with the US$350m purchase of the Canadian rights to a range of primarily spirit-based beers and ciders from Mark Anthony Group.
Beam Suntory, the spirits unit formed when Suntory Holdings bought Beam Inc last year, is to launch its combined Scotch whisky portfolio into Canada.
The launch of a new brewery and restaurant and increased costs have hit Big Rock's YTD performance.
Molson Coors is set to build a new brewery in Canada, in order to better meet the needs of a changing market.
Anheuser Busch-InBev's Canadian unit Labatt Breweries of Canada has purchased Toronto craft brewer Mill Street Brewery.
Younger, affluent Canadians are more involved in consuming wine and are willing to spend more on the average bottle, according to a report from Wine Intelligence.
Canadian province Ontario is to allow 60 grocery stores to sell beer as it continues plans to relax alcohol monopoly laws for the benefit of small brewers.
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
It must be high-fives all round among the marketing team at Molson Coors’ Canada unit.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- This week in spirits & wine
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts