Brazil: Latest beverage news & analysis
Alll eyes are on Brazil at the moment as the country gears up for the Rio Olympics. Euromonitor International's senior beverage analyst, Hope Lee, looks at which brands and categories can win in Brazil's beverage market over the next few years.
Brazil still offers a tremendous amount of opportunity, according to Anheuser-Busch InBev’s CEO Carlos Brito.
SABMiller has chosen a high-end positioning for its presence in Brazil over making an acquisition in the country.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has brushed off a near-flat volume performance in Brazil for Q3, with its CEO claiming it has plenty of plans to counter the country's soft economy.
The head of Coca-Cola Co has defended his company's performance in Brazil after a major World Cup sponsorship investment failed to lift Q2 volumes.
Heineken has confirmed that it is in "ongoing" discussions with Kirin Holdings over the possible acquisition of the Japanese group's Brazilian brewing operations.
Kirin Holdings has agreed to sell one of its Brazilian production facilities to AmBev.
Coca-Cola FEMSA has upped its presence in Brazil through the acquisition of privately-owned bottler Vonpar.
Heineken has declined to comment on a report it is on course to buy Kirin's Brazil operations.
The CEO of Anheuser-Busch InBev has said the company remains committed to Brazil, despite continued struggles in the market.
The Coca-Cola Co has entered the coffee bean market in Brazil as it continues to diversify into new beverage opportunities.
The Coca-Cola Co, PepsiCo and Anheuser-Busch InBev have agreed to stop selling soda to schools in Brazil in an attempt to combat obesity-related diseases.
Anheuser-Busch InBev's Brazilian unit, Ambev, has confirmed that it has agreed to purchase domestic soft drinks producer Sucos do Bem.
Craft Brew Alliance has teamed up with Anheuser-Busch InBev's Brazilian unit to launch two beers from its Kona Brewing Co division in the country.
Kirin is to slump to a full-year loss after taking a JPY141.2bn (US$1.2bn) impairment charge on its struggling Brazilian unit.
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits