Belgium: Latest beverage news & analysis
The biggest deal in the history of the drinks industry has been given the green light, as Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up the US$107.3bn takeover of SABMiller. But, the road ahead looks rocky, with competition issues, market tussles and potentially more divestment in the coming months.
Earlier today, Anheuser-Busch InBev reported a drop in Q3 and year-to-date net profits and sales, although the company saw sales rise in organic terms. Here just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in its global regions:
Although the Scottish Government's initiative to put a minimum unit pricing (MUP) on alcohol has been referred to the European Court of Justice, some members of Scotland's alcohol industry are backing the initiative to tackle alcohol harm in the country.
Earlier today (7 May), Anheuser-Busch InBev reported a rise in first-quarter group sales, but net profits were dragged down by higher finance costs. Here just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's performance in its global markets:
Anheuser-Busch InBev reports its third-quarter and year-to-date results on Thursday (31 October). Here just-drinks takes a look at the Leuven-headquartered group's fortunes in the last quarter.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has confirmed that Belgian brewery Bosteels is to join its European portfolio.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said it is cooperating with the European Union after authorities launched a probe into possible anti-trust breaches in Belgium.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has warned that China and Brazil will remain under pressure in 2016 as the two countries, along with the US, dragged full-year performance.
Ball Corp has been granted conditional clearance by the European Commission for the proposed takeover of its drinks packaging rival, Rexam.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has said it is considering its options after the European Union ruled that a Belgian Government-run tax scheme that it is part of is illegal.
The European Court of Justice has ruled that member states should consider "less restrictive tax measures" before deciding on minimum unit pricing (MUP) to combat alcohol misuse.
Digital marketing will be a regulatory “battleground” in the next few years as the European Union attempts to deal with its implications for alcohol, the head of SpiritsEurope has said.
The European Union has seen the number of breweries rise again in 2014 – doubling the number six years earlier.
Authorities in Belgium have raised the rate of excise tax on alcohol in the country, drawing the ire of spirits producers.
Anheuser-Busch InBev has seen reported profits drop in its third quarter, dragging the year-to-date down.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research