US: XStream acquires Squeeze soda
The US-based XStream Beverage Group has acquired the "Squeeze" soda brand. The brand was acquired in an all-stock purchase from Squeeze Beverage, Inc. Specific terms were not disclosed.
Squeeze, founded in 1920, was a prominent national brand distributed in more than 30 states. But current distribution has been limited to a few markets in the New England area.
"Squeeze is an ideal addition to our growing product line and it is in keeping with our short- and long-term strategy to build brands while establishing our own distribution network," said Jerry Pearring, CEO, XStream Beverage Group, Inc. "We intend on tweaking the current flavors and updating the packaging prior to expanding the brand. Gourmet sodas, in particular nostalgic, retro brands, are a growing category in the beverage market."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014