UK: WSTA welcomes UK economist to address conference
The WSTA will hold its annual conference in the UK next month
The Wine & Spirit Trade Association in the UK has recruited Sir Howard Davies to make the keynote address at its annual conference next month.
Sir Howard is a former director of the London School of Economics. He has also been chairman of the Financial Services Authority, deputy governor of the Bank of England and director general of the CBI.
Miles Beale, the WSTA's chief executive, said: "Howard Davies is a very experienced economist. He's unusual (for an economist) in that he has plenty of practical experience of business as well. We're looking forward to hearing his macroeconomic view of the world."
The event, which will look at “growth in a low growth environment”, will be held in London on 26 September and hosted by the trade body's chairman, Nick Hyde.
The conference will also focus on “the challenges facing businesses in the drinks sector amid a deepening recession at home and continuing economic crisis in the Eurozone”, the WSTA said.
Tickets for the conference are available to WSTA members for GBP174. Non-members may buy tickets for GBP348. To book a place, contact Louise Vaux at firstname.lastname@example.org, or click here to access the booking form.
The UK Government is reviving a TV advertising campaign urging people to lower their alcohol intake....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts