UK: WOSA names replacement UK market manager
Wines of South Africa (WOSA) has appointed a new manager for the UK market.
The generic body, which represents South African wine, said today (27 November) that Jo Mason will replace Sophie Waggett who is stepping down to have a baby.
Mason, who takes up the appointment in January, is currently associate director at Westbury Communications, where her clients have included major wine brands, boutique wineries, generic organisations and importers. She has managed generic campaigns for the Languedoc and VDP d'Oc appellations and Wines of Argentina. She previously worked for UK wine retailer Majestic Wine Warehouse.
"We are sad to be losing Sophie, but feel confident that Jo will be a great asset to WOSA," said WOSA's chief executive Su Birch. "There are plenty of challenges facing us in the year ahead and we are determined to regain lost market share. We are looking forward to working with Jo."
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
Majestic Brands has brought California Cooler back to the US market....
Pernod Ricard has lined up a sparkling wine offering in the UK from its Montana wine brand....
UK wine retailer Majestic saw sales rise over 4% during the Christmas period, the company said today (3 January)....
UK wine retailer Majestic saw pre-tax profits leap 17% to GBP6.5m (US$12.4m) for the first half of the year, as its fine wine sales grew strongly....
Chilean wine producer Viña Ventisquero has upped its presence on the UK high street....
UK wine retailer Majestic Wine is looking to open more new stores this year as it looks to build on a strong last 12 months....
UK wine retailer Majestic Wine has reported an 11% rise in full-year profits as consumers continued to spend more on higher-priced wines....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts