UK: World of Patria International director to depart
Travel Retail distributor World of Patria International has announced that one of its directors will leave the company at the end of this month.
Kevin Baker is exiting the Kent-headquartered firm having worked there for 18 months. His responsibilities include global sales development and compiling the group's premium spirits portfolio.
“The time is now right for me to take a different route on my career path,” Baker was quoted as saying, in a statement released by the company.
World of Patria MD & founder Rob Nichols said: “We will be very sad to see Kevin go, and would like to thank him for his support in helping us to develop our comprehensive product range. We wish him every success for the future.”
The company lists two other directors on its website, Andy Butcher and Steve Smith.
Yesterday evening, the Worshipful Company of Distillers hosted a debate in London about gin. Up for discussion was the question: "Gin: A tortuous history with a brilliant future?"...
I can't remember precisely when I first saw the BRIC acronym. Indeed, with only ten years' experience of the drinks industry, it seems to be have been around longer than I have. I can remember, howeve...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer