MEXICO: World Cup boosts Modelo exports
Mexico's largest brewer Grupo Modelo has posted a leap in first-half profits after seeing beer consumption rise over Easter and during the football World Cup.
Modelo, maker of top US import beer Corona, saw operating profit leap 15.6% to MXN8.4bn (US$765.4m) for the first six months of the year. Net sales hit MXN27.5bn, a rise of 10.7% as volumes rose at home and abroad.
"It was a result of more beer consumption over Easter, during the World Cup, and from the improved economic situation in Mexico," Modelo said.
The brewer, which last month secured a new 10-year import deal for the US, saw export revenues soar almost 18% to US$750m.
Export volumes rose 7.8% during Modelo's second quarter and now represented 32.3% of total volume, the brewer said. "Regions registering outstanding results were Oceania, Europe and Latin America," Modelo added.
Crown Imports has unveiled its first US television advertisement for Modelo-owned beer brand Pacifico....
Grupo Modelo has successfully appealed against an antitrust ruling in its home market....
The US beer distribution joint venture between Grupo Modelo and Constellation Brands is to include the St. Pauli Girl and Tsingtao beer brands in its portfolio....
Modelo's US distributor, Crown Imports, has named Casanova Pendrill Integrated Hispanic Communications as its Hispanic agency of record for the company's Corona Extra, Corona Light, and Modelo Especia...
Grupo Modelo has had its rating cut following a busy few weeks for the Mexican company....
Grupo Modelo is set to once again team up with Anheuser-Busch after striking an import deal with the Budweiser brewing giant for the Chinese market....
Anheuser-Busch has echoed InBev's excitement at the pair's tie-up in the US. The global brewers announced late last week that A-B will become the exclusive distributor of InBev's premium European beer...
Grupo Modelo is ploughing US$520m into a new brewery in the north of Mexico....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview