VENEZUELA: Workers block Coca-Cola plants
Employees at Coca-Cola Co. factories in Venezuela have reportedly blocked access to all the company's plants with support from pro-government politicians amid a protest over workers debts.
"We have seized Coca-Cola plants. We will not allow a single truck from Coca-Cola to leave with soft drinks," Iris Varela, a National Assembly member, said during a televised interview, according to a report from the Dow Jones agency.
Varela said: "Now we will see if they will pay workers what they owe them," adding that if the company fails to meet the demands of the workers, then it should be "expropriated".
Coca-Cola FEMSA, a joint venture between the US soft drinks giant and Mexican brewer and soft drinks group FEMSA, bottles Coke products in Latin America. The unit accounts for 40% of Coke volumes throughout Latin America. Coke owns a 54% stake in the venture.
Coca-Cola has decided to refer to carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) as 'sparkling beverages' in all its communications, at a time when major soft drinks producers are looking to address the unhealthy imag...
The Coca-Cola Co. has announced its regular quarterly dividend and elected three vice presidents....
Coca-Cola Femsa is the latest company to step back from the pending sale of Coca-Cola Amatil's South Korean operations....
Coca-Cola Amatil is hoping to recoup A$700m (US$585m) from its South Korean bottling operations....
The Coca-Cola Co. has posted double digit rises in first-quarter sales and profits, despite ongoing challenges in its North American market....
The Coca-Cola Co. is calling on the public to design a vending machine for Second Life's 'in-world' digital society that could dispense "life-enhancing experiences"....
Cott Corp. is rumoured to be in talks with private equity firms to merge with the beverage arm of Cadbury Schweppes....
Coca-Cola North America has extended its supply deal with Southwest Airlines....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report