UK/MEXICO: Wm Grant buys stake in Tequila firm
UK distiller William Grant has bought a stake in Tequila producer Milagro for an undisclosed sum.
The company said today (29 January) that it has bought a 30% stake in the business, which was founded in 1997 by two Mexican entrepreneurs, Moises Guindi and Daniel Schneeweiss.
William Grant already handles the Milagro brand in the US and said its investment in the company "confirms William Grant's commitment to the long-term growth of this premium Tequila brand".
William Grant CEO Roland van Bommel said: "Our involvement with Tequila Milagro is part of the ongoing strategy to invest in premium brands that complement our award-winning portfolio and offer dynamic growth opportunities.
"We look forward to working with the Tequila Milagro team on continuing to build the brand in the US, and to developing the brand's growth potential in other key Tequila markets."
Italian liqueur Pallini Limoncello has received its first off-trade listing in the UK....
Gruppo Campari has acquired the portfolio of spirits company X-Rated in the US....
Patrón Spirits Company has increased its distribution for its portfolio in the UK....
William Grant & Sons has appointed Alex Short to its supervisory board....
Consumers last year continued to flock to more expensive premium and flavoured products, according to the recently published Adams Liquor Handbook 2007....
Anheuser-Busch has added to its spirits portfolio in the US, with a vodka distribution deal in the north-east of the country....
Premium vodka brand Russian Standard is set to arrive in the UK....
Anheuser-Busch has confirmed plans to distribute Margaritaville Tequila in the US state of Massachusetts....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends