US: Wirtz Beverage Group announces executive restructure
Wirtz has confirmed a management restructure
Wirtz Beverage Group has announced a new national management structure as it adopts a more "streamlined" approach to its operations.
The Chicago distributor, part of Wirtz Corporation, said last week that it has appointed four executive VPs to serve as the company's "leaders". The four are: Danny Wirtz, Julian Burzynski, Art Wirtz and Ed Callison.
Danny Wirtz will be responsible for finance, IT and "talent management"; Burzynski will oversee national sales & marketing; Art Wirtz will take charge of the supply chain operations, and Ed Callison will manage business development & government affairs, the company said.
All four will report directly into Wirtz Beverage Group president Rocky Wirtz.
“Early on, we made a commitment to do the things needed to remain a state-of-the-art distribution business with topline service to all our partners," said Rocky Wirtz. "With our national team, we’ve created a model to do just that, focused on long-term success and growth.”
Asked whether the restructure would mean redundacies, a Wirtz Beverage spokesperson told just-drinks that "no-one will be let go as a result of the new corporate leadership team".
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role