US: Winemakers claim final victory in Texas
The victory for the wine industry is being seen as an important step forward in the battle for direct shipping, which has been taken up in a number of lawsuits around the country.
"This is really the first complete legal victory in the direct shipping issue ... Texas is the largest state opened to direct shipping," said Jeremy Benson, executive director of Free the Grapes!, a coalition of consumer and industry groups opposing state wine-shipping laws.
The general counsel of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission said the regulatory agency decided on Monday not to pursue an appeal given costs involved.
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK