US: Wine Institute eyes export boost with new campaign
Wine Institute launches export campaign
California's Wine Institute is to launch a global branding campaign featuring a new "California Wines" logo in an effort to boost exports.
The Discover California Wines campaign will use images of well-known landmarks, rural vistas and seasonal cuisine that are linked to the region to promote the wines. It will also focus on sustainability.
The Wine Institute oversees an export programme with marketing activities in 27 countries and shipments to 150 nations worldwide.
The campaign will include print advertising, point-of-sale materials, wine region maps, brochures, trade show displays, a video presentation and digital and social media components. All are available to California winemakers, importers, retailers and restaurateurs actively promoting California wine overseas, said the Institute on Saturday (15 January).
The campaign's California lifestyle approach aligns with the annual US$50m worldwide promotional programme of the California Travel and Tourism Commission (CTTC), which positions the state as "the land of wine and food."
Elements of the wine campaign will debut at international wine trade shows including Prowein, The London International Wine Fair and Vinexpo. It will also be unveiled at signature California wine events in 2011, such as the California Wine Fairs in Canada and the California Wines European Spring Tour.
The campaign will also be reflected in the California First domestic marketing programme, which includes the annual California Wine Month celebration each September and a partnership with CTTC to promote the state's wine and food. CTTC will introduce a refreshed version of its national wine and food television spot this spring called "Good Life", which includes new scenes with vintner and former race car driver Randy Lewis, of Lewis Cellars, chef and Food Network personality Michael Chiarello and Giada De Laurentiis, also of the Food Network.
France, Italy and Spain have joined forces to warn about the dangers of a wine glut in the European Union if vine planting restrictions are relaxed. Here, just-drinks brings you data on how the EU vin...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research