ISRAEL: Wine industry embarks on US project
The Israeli wine industry has formed a marketing consortium to create a category for the country in the US.
Around US$13m of Israeli wine is exported each year but the aim is to double that figure, and reach US$15m in the US alone, within three years.
Some 20 wineries will take part in the consortium, headed by the Israel Export Institute and the Israel Wine Grapes Board. Together with the Israeli ministries of agriculture and commerce, the organisations will invest US$750,000 in the project.
RF Binder, an American marketing communications counsel and services agency, will work with the consortium. The programme will focus on varietals, and Israeli wine regions, and work to position the wines as "Mediterranean", under the slogan of "Wines of Israel - Where the Tastes of the Mediterranean Begin."
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China