CHILE: Wine exports to break $700m in 2003
Santa Cruz was speaking at the Vinitech wine technology fair, held in the Chilean capital of Santiago.
The sector expert said these figures would firmly establish Chile as the world's fifth largest wine exporting nation. Chile's wine exports were worth around US$600m in 2002.
Santa Cruz warned, though, that while exports to Europe and the US were growing rapidly, domestic wine consumption was in decline. He said reversing this trend was a key objective for the sector in the remainder of 2003.
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research