TRAVEL RETAIL: William Grant & Sons tempts Edrington exec to head European travel retail
William Grant & Sons has appointed André de Almeida to the role of director Europe travel retail.
De Almeida is the current area director for Edrington with responsibility for the Middle East, Turkey and Americas duty-free. He will take up his new Glasgow-based post on 16 July.
He will report to Rita Greenwood, William Grant's managing director for global travel retail.
“André will have a critical role to play as we seek to reshape our European business and further build our relationships with key global customers,” said Greenwood.
A new whiskey distillery in Ireland - the first in 47 years - is set to officially start production this week. ...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets