TRAVEL RETAIL: William Grant & Sons tempts Edrington exec to head European travel retail
William Grant & Sons has appointed André de Almeida to the role of director Europe travel retail.
De Almeida is the current area director for Edrington with responsibility for the Middle East, Turkey and Americas duty-free. He will take up his new Glasgow-based post on 16 July.
He will report to Rita Greenwood, William Grant's managing director for global travel retail.
“André will have a critical role to play as we seek to reshape our European business and further build our relationships with key global customers,” said Greenwood.
A new whiskey distillery in Ireland - the first in 47 years - is set to officially start production this week. ...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends