GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons targets innovation with new position
Kevin Abrook changes roles at William Grant & Sons on 1 September
William Grant & Sons has created the role of global whisky specialist, innovation, with its current marketing head for whisky innovation set to fill the post.
Kevin Abrook, who previously worked for C&C Group's international division as marketing manager before joining William Grant in 2010, will move to the “bespoke role” at the start of next month. He will be charged with “exciting, informing and educating both trade and consumers about the company’s latest innovations,” William Grant said.
The brands currently in the firm's innovation portfolio are Kininvie, The Girvan Patent Still and William Grant & Sons’ Rare Cask Reserves.
Abrook will also be involved in “developing brand new whiskies”.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for the company said it has begun a recruitment process to find a new global marketing manager for innovation.
William Grant & Sons Ltd is set to continue innovating its spirits portfolio by introducing new flavours to mature categories and to build on the success of its 2014 launches such as Three Barrels’ Ho...
Primarily known as a player in Scotch whisky, in recent years William Grant has broadened its portfolio. While a number of these brands have performed well it needs to develop them further. This profi...
William Grant & Sons is to launch a new Kininvie single malt that uses the first liquid to be produced at the 25-year-old distillery....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during September 2014....
William Grant & Sons has released two whiskies under the Rare Cask Reserve banner. ...
Gin is a spirit, which is made from juniper berries. Increase in demand among the millennial population in the US, growing demand for premium gin, and increased marketing and promotions by vendors are...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India