GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons targets innovation with new position
Kevin Abrook changes roles at William Grant & Sons on 1 September
William Grant & Sons has created the role of global whisky specialist, innovation, with its current marketing head for whisky innovation set to fill the post.
Kevin Abrook, who previously worked for C&C Group's international division as marketing manager before joining William Grant in 2010, will move to the “bespoke role” at the start of next month. He will be charged with “exciting, informing and educating both trade and consumers about the company’s latest innovations,” William Grant said.
The brands currently in the firm's innovation portfolio are Kininvie, The Girvan Patent Still and William Grant & Sons’ Rare Cask Reserves.
Abrook will also be involved in “developing brand new whiskies”.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for the company said it has begun a recruitment process to find a new global marketing manager for innovation.
Primarily known as a player in Scotch whisky, in recent years William Grant has broadened its portfolio. While a number of these brands have performed well it needs to develop them further. This profi...
This week, we speak to William Grant & Sons' global whisky specialist for innovation, and just-drinks subscriber, Kevin Abrook....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during September 2014....
In this week's quick-fire interview, we talk to Chris Mason, the MD of William Grant & Sons' operations in the UK, Australia, New Zealand & Canada....
Gin is a spirit, which is made from juniper berries. Increase in demand among the millennial population in the US, growing demand for premium gin, and increased marketing and promotions by vendors are...
William Grant & Sons is upping the UK exposure for Grant's Signature through a new GBP1.2m (US$1.8m) sponsorship deal with Sky Sports. ...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during July 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the l...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets