GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons targets innovation with new position
Kevin Abrook changes roles at William Grant & Sons on 1 September
William Grant & Sons has created the role of global whisky specialist, innovation, with its current marketing head for whisky innovation set to fill the post.
Kevin Abrook, who previously worked for C&C Group's international division as marketing manager before joining William Grant in 2010, will move to the “bespoke role” at the start of next month. He will be charged with “exciting, informing and educating both trade and consumers about the company’s latest innovations,” William Grant said.
The brands currently in the firm's innovation portfolio are Kininvie, The Girvan Patent Still and William Grant & Sons’ Rare Cask Reserves.
Abrook will also be involved in “developing brand new whiskies”.
When contacted by just-drinks, a spokesperson for the company said it has begun a recruitment process to find a new global marketing manager for innovation.
This week, we speak to William Grant & Sons' global whisky specialist for innovation, and just-drinks subscriber, Kevin Abrook....
Primarily known as a player in Scotch whisky, in recent years William Grant has broadened its portfolio. While a number of these brands have performed well it needs to develop them further. This profi...
In this week's quick-fire interview, we talk to Chris Mason, the MD of William Grant & Sons' operations in the UK, Australia, New Zealand & Canada....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during September 2014....
Gin is a spirit, which is made from juniper berries. Increase in demand among the millennial population in the US, growing demand for premium gin, and increased marketing and promotions by vendors are...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during July 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the l...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer