UK: William Grant & Sons president passes away
The president of William Grant & Sons died late last month
The life president of William Grant & Sons has died.
Charles Gordon, who was the great grandson of the company's namesake founder, passed away over the weekend of 21-22 December. He was 86 years old.
Charles Gordon stepped down from the chairmanship of William Grant in 2008. He was described by the firm as “a key driving force in building William Grant & Sons into a strong independent family-owned company with a unique global reputation for excellence”.
“Few people have made a greater contribution to the Scotch whisky industry over such an extended period of time,” said CEO Stella David. “The company is fully committed to continue to build on Charles’ remarkable legacy.
“We pass on our sympathies to the Grant Gordon family.”
Primarily known as a player in Scotch whisky, in recent years William Grant has broadened its portfolio. While a number of these brands have performed well it needs to develop them further. This profi...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during September 2014....
Gin is a spirit, which is made from juniper berries. Increase in demand among the millennial population in the US, growing demand for premium gin, and increased marketing and promotions by vendors are...
Rémy Cointreau is expanding the footprint for the honey-flavoured extension of its St-Rémy French brandy to the UK....
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during July 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the l...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends