GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons makes Tullamore Dew brand ambassador, director appointments
Tullamore Dew now has a global brand ambassador and manager
William Grant & Sons has created two global brand roles for its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey.
The UK-based spirits company, which acquired Tullamore Dew from C&C Group last year, said today (12 May) that Shane Hoyne will move from Heineken to become global brand director. Hoyne has spent the last 13 years with the brewer, most recently as senior brand director for Heineken USA. He began his career with Grant’s of Ireland in the mid-1990s as brand manager for a portfolio, which at the time included Tullamore Dew.
The company has also appointed John Quinn as the first global brand ambassador for Tullamore Dew. Quinn has worked with Tullamore Dew for around 30 years in a variety of roles including regional director in markets including Latin America, Eastern Europe, France, Israel and the Middle East.
Separately, William Grant said it is lining up a “significant programme of investment” in the brand, which will see the launch of a worldwide advertising campaign later this year.
Kirin Holdings has cleared a major hurdle in agreeing to take full ownership of Schincariol, but now the real work begins....
Heineken can largely thank Africa for the surprise rise in sales in the third quarter of its fiscal year, with the much-vaunted FEMSA Cerveza business in Mexico a late developer....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US