GERMANY: William Grant & Sons hands Tullamore Dew distribution to Campari
William Grant & Sons has switched distributors in Germany for its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand.
The company, which acquired Tullamore Dew from C&C Group in 2010, confirmed today (26 April) that the German arm of Gruppo Campari will take over distribution in the country. Campari Deutschland will replace Beam Deutschland.
The move follows Beam Inc's purchase of the Cooley Irish whiskey brand in January, a transaction that prompted a review of William Grant's distribution for Tullamore Dew in Germany.
“We want to thank Beam Deutschland for their dedication and professionalism in helping us build the fantastic Tullamore Dew brand," said Francois Sommer, William Grant's area director for Europe. "While we enjoyed consistent growth over the years, the acquisition of Cooley by Beam Global led us to re-think our route to market approach.”
The change will take effect from 1 July.
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
La Martiniquaise has completed the divestment of the Trois Rivières, La Mauny and Duquesne rum brands ahead of its proposed purchase of Quartier Français Spiritueux....
Diageo Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker has retained its position as the number one brand on the latest IWSR/just-drinks Performance Brands rankings, published this month....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets