Product Launch - UK: William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Spirit of a Nation
Click through to view an image of the product
William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Spirit of a Nation
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, 48.8% abv, 29-year-old
Available - Launched this week
Location - Being released exclusively in the UK to "high end, prestige and specialist" retailers
Price - GBP1,000 (US$1,600) per 75cl bottle
Distribution - First Drinks
William Grant & Sons has launched a limited-edition, 29-year-old Glenfiddich to mark its sponsorship of a charity expedition to the South Pole involving injured ex-military personnel.
Spirit of a Nation is a 48.8% abv single malt, which comes from a single cask filled on 14 February, 1984. It was first aged in a refill sherry cask, then finished for three months in an American oak cask.
At a launch dinner in central London last night (13 November), Glenfiddich's senior brand manager, Sarah Harding, said: "It's not a typical-looking Glenfiddich bottle, as it's designed to reflect the stark landscape the team will be facing."
The product, which is limited to 200 bottles, has been released to coincide with Glenfiddich’s sponsorship of the UK team in the Walking with the Wounded South Pole Allied Challenge. The team includes former members of the UK armed forces who have been injured in conflict.
All proceeds from sales of the drink will go to the Walking with the Wounded charity.
First Drinks has also launched a new campaign for Glenfiddich to highlight the expedition - ‘Every Step of the Way’ - which includes city centre digital advertising boards, London Underground billboards and half-page advertisements in national newspapers.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends