Product Launch - GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix
Click again to see William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix
William Grant & Sons' Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix
Category - Spirits, Scotch whisky, single malt, non-aged, 47.6% abv
Available - From mid-November
Location - In the UK, exclusively to members of the online club Glenfiddich Explorers, then in specialists, Portugal, The Netherlands, South Africa, Russia, The US, Taiwan, Cyprus, Lebanon, Spain, Andorra, Canary Islands, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, France, China, India, South Korea and selected airports around the world
Price - RRP of GBP49.99 (US$80) per 70cl bottle
In January 2010, after weeks of heavy snow and low temperatures, four feet of compacted snow covered the Glenfiddich distillery roofs, which housed hundreds of casks of fine aged whisky. A number of warehouse roofs collapsed under the weight, leaving the oak casks exposed. In temperatures of -19°C, distillery staff worked to clear the snow.
Snow Phoenix was created by marrying together natural strength and non-chill filtered casks of different ages and finishes, including American oak and Oloroso sherry.
Glenfiddich has dedicated Snow Phoenix to the Cairngorm Mountain Rescue Team in Speyside, and has made a contribution to the organisation's funds.
Only 1,000 bottles will be made available.
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research