GLOBAL: William Grant & Sons confirms "no direct replacement" after EMEA head quits
William Grant is saying goodbye to its EMEA head
William Grant & Sons' Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) MD has quit the company and is not being directly replaced.
Gordon Dron, who has been with the group for seven years, and EMEA chief since November 2010, has "decided to leave the business" following a company restructure, the group said yesterday (28 May). Dron is not being "directly replaced", a company spokesperson confirmed to just-drinks today.
However, Simon Hunt, the group's chief commerical officer will take over some of Dron's responsibilities, while covering more regions beyond the EMEA remit.
Prior to joining William Grant & Sons, Dron worked for Imperial Tobacco. Before this, he spent around seven years with Diageo, including a role as its market development director for south-east Asia.
Diageo has launched a powerful new anti-drink driving film, tied to its Johnnie Walker brand. ...
Jose Cuervo is giving a major push to its namesake Tequila brand in the UK, after a similar campaign in the US earlier this year. ...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages