UK: William Grant & Sons boosts FY sales, profits
- Net sales up 5.2% to GBP1.12bn (US$1.82bn)
- Operating profits up 10.6% to GBP138m
William Grant & Sons enjoyed a strong 2013
William Grant & Sons increased its full-year sales and profits last year, despite what it called “challenging global economic conditions”.
The privately-owned firm, which owns the Scotch brands Glenfiddich, Grant's and The Balvenie, said today net sales in 2013 climbed by 5.2% to GBP1.12bn (US$1.82bn). Operating profits were up 10.6% to GBP138m in the same period.
William Grant declined to provide more detailed figures for last year when asked by just-drinks.
In today's statement, Stella David, William Grant’s CEO, said: “Whilst 2013 saw some challenging global economic conditions, the company continued to perform well thanks to our consistent focus on brand building and investing for the long-term.”
Without giving specific details, the company praised the “phenomenal success” of Hendrick’s gin, saying the brand had achieved success through word of mouth, bartender endorsement and “careful nurturing”. It also said Glenfiddich maintained its position as the world’s biggest-selling single malt Scotch whisky and that The Balvenie single malt “continues to grow rapidly all around the world”.
William Grant director & former chairman Peter Gordon was one of about 120 signatories last month to a letter backing Scotland to remain part of the UK ahead of this month's independence referendum. The company has publicly backed the pro-UK drive, donating money to the “No” cause.
Primarily known as a player in Scotch whisky, in recent years William Grant has broadened its portfolio. While a number of these brands have performed well it needs to develop them further. This profi...
This week, we speak to William Grant & Sons' global whisky specialist for innovation, and just-drinks subscriber, Kevin Abrook....
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during September 2014....
In this week's quick-fire interview, we talk to Chris Mason, the MD of William Grant & Sons' operations in the UK, Australia, New Zealand & Canada....
Gin is a spirit, which is made from juniper berries. Increase in demand among the millennial population in the US, growing demand for premium gin, and increased marketing and promotions by vendors are...
Synopsis The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during July 2014. Summary Using this report, marketers will effectively gain an insight into the l...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets