US: William Grant & Sons appoints new US chief
The company has appointed a new boss for its US division
William Grant & Sons has promoted one of its senior executives to the role of managing director and president of its US division.
The appointment of Jonathan Yusen, currently the company's senior US marketing VP, was announced by the UK-headquartered group today (16 April). Yusen replaces Simon Hunt, who was recently promoted to the newly-created role of the group's chief commercial officer, the Glenfiddich distiller said.
William Grant & Sons’ CEO, Stella David, said: “His (Yusen's) extensive senior management experience, commercial understanding and collaborative approach will help him to drive the brand growth agenda in the US and I look forward to working with him as we continue to expand our US business which will continue to be a key area of focus for us."
Yusen has also been responsible for marketing in Mexico and Canada and was general manager for the group's Canada division.
Last October, privately-owned William Grant & Sons reported a drop in full-year operating profits, after a 9% rise in sales.
William Grant & Sons is set to back its recently-announced promotion for its Grant's blended Scotch whisky brand in the UK....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends