UK: William Grant & Sons adds to board
William Grant & Sons has appointed Alex Short to its supervisory board.
The announcement, confirmed late last week, will have immediate effect.
Short joined the company in the role of financial controller in 1996 and was appointed group finance director in July 2003. Short will retain his responsibilities as group finance director and executive committee member.
"He (Short) has provided significant support to the board in recent years and his business experience and commercial acumen will help the board deliver against the company's objectives," said Roland van Bommel, Grant's CEO.
"This appointment also reflects the company's commitment to broadening the breadth and depth of experience represented on the board."
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
William Grant & Sons has recruited a new senior vice president of marketing for its US subsidiary....
William Grant & Sons has created an exclusive expression of The Balvenie malt whisky for France's biggest airport retailer, Aelia....
Two former senior drinks executives have set up a new company in the US and bought a vodka brand. Mark Teasdale, formerly MD of William Grant and Sons North America, and Michael Cheek, who was previou...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research