US: William Grant appoints wine director
The US arm of UK spirits group William Grant has appointed a new wine director.
William Grant & Sons USA said yesterday (20 December) that Martin Sinkoff will join the subsidiary, to whom he brings almost 30 years of industry experience.
"We are truly thrilled to be hiring someone with Martin's experience and passion," said Phil West, senior vice president of marketing at William Grant & Sons USA. "His extensive wine knowledge and understanding of the marketplace further strengthens our ability to build world class wine brands."
Sinkoff will report directly to West and will be responsible for shaping the company's overall wine strategy and leading its wine marketing activities.
Sinkoff joins William Grant from Pasternak Wine Imports in New York, where he was a marketing consultant. Previously, he had set up Martin Sinkoff Wines in Texas, which he sold to Pasternak. He has also worked for Glazer's Wholesale Distributors in Dallas.
Blended malt is often regarded as the 'mongrel' of the Scotch category, but it is clearly a growth area. Some consider the combination of the kudos of malt with the brand-friendly flexibility of blend...
Premium vodka brand Russian Standard is set to arrive in the UK....
William Grant & Sons has lined up an advertising push for its Reyka vodka brand....
William Grant & Sons has redesigned its Glenfiddich website to support its brand positioning and 'Every Year Counts' campaign....
Former William Grant & Sons executive vice-president and national sales manager Joel Gosler has formed a new US import and marketing company....
William Grant & Sons is to embark on a GBP23m (US$45m) marketing effort behind flagship Scotch whisky Glenfiddich....
William Grant has bolstered it travel retail marketing department....
UK distiller William Grant has bought a stake in Tequila producer Milagro for an undisclosed sum....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends