US: William Grant appoints new US chief
Independent spirits company William Grant & Sons has appointed Simon Hunt as managing director of William Grant & Sons North America and Mexico and president of WGS USA, with effect from 15 October.
Hunt will be responsible for overseeing the company's business in North America and Mexico, reporting to CEO Roland van Bommel. He will also be a member of the company's Executive Committee, alongside other regional directors.
Hunt, a former Royal Marine Commando or "Green Beret", was previously CEO and president of Pernod Ricard subsidiary Malibu-Kahlua International. Before that, he held a number of marketing and brand innovation positions at Allied Domecq and Diageo in both the US and the UK.
"With his wealth of experience in general management, marketing and sales, Simon will drive the company's strategy in the USA, Canada and Mexico and build the value of the brands in this increasingly important region," van Bommel said. "His appointment comes as we focus efforts on the value growth of our portfolio of brands, including Glenfiddich, The Balvenie and Hendrick's Gin, by strengthening our capabilities within the business."
Pernod Ricard's success in landing Absolut vodka has cast doubt over the future of Stolichnaya, currently marketed internationally by Pernod but which the French company will now be looking to offload...
Pernod Ricard's victory in the race to buy Vin & Sprit has sent shockwaves across the global spirits industry, whilst also throwing up a vast array of questions. In a spotlight special, Jessica Harvey...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a responsible drinking campaign in the UK....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Pernod Ricard has begun an advertising campaign for its Tia Maria brand which includes both television sponsorship and print advertising targeted at women in the UK....
Vin & Sprit has moved to stave off a possible boycott of Absolut vodka in the US, by pulling a controversial advert in neighbouring Mexico....
Davide Campari-Milano would consider buying brands that Pernod Ricard might sell off following its acquisition of Vin & Sprit, according to an interview with the Italian company's CEO....
Vin & Sprit has unveiled a promotional push for its Absolut vodka brand that specifically targets the gay community in the US....
- Winners & losers of AB InBev's SABMiller takeover
- Can Bacardi take its rum back to the party?
- ABInBev on the verge of SABMiller buy? - Comment
- What Trans-Pacific Partnership means for drinks
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Anheuser-Busch InBev wins SABMiller's hand
- A-B InBev raises SABMiller offer to GBP70.5bn
- Carlsberg UK chief James Lousada quits
- Beam Suntory CMO to stand down
- Ketel One co-owner now Bols' largest shareholder
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report