Product Launch - TFWA: Whyte & Mackay's The Dalmore 25
Click through to view Whyte & Mackay's The Dalmore 25
Whyte & Mackay's The Dalmore 25
Category - Spirits, whisky, Scotch, single malt, 42% abv
Available - From 25 October
Location - Globally, from “specially selected retail partners
Price - RRP of GBP600 (US$970) per 70cl bottle
Distribution - Whyte & Mackay
Whyte & Mackay has lined up an addition to The Dalmore's Principal Collection. The Dalmore 25 was unveiled at the Tax Free World Association (TFWA) World Exhibition in Cannes yesterday (21 October).
A total of 3,000 units of the whisky, which has been matured in American white oak casks before being divided into 25-year-old sweet Palomino Fino Sherry butts and 1980 first-fill Bourbon casks, will be available globally.
Earlier this year, Whyte & Mackay launched The Dalmore Paterson Collection at a price of US$1.5m in the UK, The company is still awaiting news on its ownership structure, after the UK's Office of Fair Trading began an investigation following Diageo's purchase of a major stake in W&M's current owner, India's United Spirits.
Home to some of Scotland’s most precious and rare whisky stocks, The Dalmore distillery is set to extend its Principal Collection of desirable whiskies with the launch of The Dalmore 25 Year Old.
Available in specially selected retail partners globally from 25 October, The Dalmore 25 year old will join the 12, 15, 18, Cigar Malt Reserve and King Alexander III as a permanent addition to the collection.
Meticulously crafted by Master Distiller Richard Paterson, The Dalmore 25 combines festive aromas of exotic fruits, marzipan, vanilla pods and fig cake.
As with all of The Dalmore’s prestigious and award-winning whiskies, much of The Dalmore 25’s unique character and quality comes from a passion to use only the finest wood.
This spirit has been matured initially in American white oak casks before being divided into hand-sourced 25 year old sweet Palomino Fino sherry butts and 1980 first-fill bourbon casks. These exceptional whiskies are then expertly married together in bourbon barrels before finally being transferred into Tawny Port pipes from Portugal, giving additional layers of complexity and richness.
Dalmore Master Distiller Richard Paterson said: “The Dalmore 25 is matured in casks that have previously housed a very special grape which creates a sweeter style of sherry. As a result, the cask has gifted a wonderful a palate of orange peel, chocolate truffles and spiced gingerbread.
The Dalmore 25 is a truly spectacular addition to The Dalmore Principal Collection, and a must have for fans of the distillery.”
Only 3,000 bottles of this outstanding single malt will be produced annually with an RRP of £600.
The Dalmore 25 won Gold at the 2013 International Spirits Challenge (ISC) awards and will be officially unveiled at this year’s TFWA World Exhibition in Cannes.
The Dalmore 25 will be rolled out globally from 25 October and available in North America from early 2014.
Original source: Company Release
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends