Product Launch - UK: Whyte & Mackay's Cockspur Spiced Rum
Click through to view Whyte & Mackay's Cockspur Spiced Rum
Whyte & Mackay's Cockspur Spiced Rum
Category - Spirits, rum, West Indies, spiced, 22% abv
Available - This month
Location - UK, nation-wide, off-trade
Price - SRP GBP10 (US$15.56) per 50cl bottle
Distribution - Whyte & Mackay
Whyte & Mackay has launched Cockspur Spiced into the UK market.
The company, which distributes the brand for West Indies Rum Distillery, said the release was Cockspur's first new variant in the UK as consumer demand for golden and spiced rums continues to grow and demand for lower abv products increase.
Consumers want products that are accessible, available at a good price point and have a lower risk of purchase than their 70cl counterparts, the company said in a statement. The launch will be backed by in-store POS material.
Cockspur is the official rum of the West Indies cricket team tour of England 2012, the company announced in March.
Of course, we all knew it was going to happen. Didn't we? Since almost exactly four years ago, when United Spirits and Diageo confirmed that they were discussing a partnership in India, it was alwa...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts