UK: Whyte & Mackay launches personal whisky service
Whyte & Mackay is offering consumers the chance to have a Scotch whisky distilled to their personal tastes.
For GBP20,000, Whyte & Mackay master blender Richard "the nose" Paterson will spend three days assessing your likes and dislikes, before creating a Scotch distilled solely to suit you.
"It is increasingly common now for people to have their luxury goods tailor made to suit their own specific desires. By offering this service we have created a great opportunity to own a one-off bespoke whisky that may even increase in value over time," said Paterson.
The idea, Whyte & Mackay said today (16 September), was borne following Richard's recent appearance on 'Made in Scotland', a TV programme exploring the iconic symbols that make Scotland internationally famous.
On the show, Richard explained the whisky blending process to actor David Hayman, best known for roles alongside Pierce Brosnan, Bruce Willis and Kevin Spacey, and created a whisky based on David's personality and tastes.
Anyone interested should contact email@example.com.
To say that Scotch whisky holds sway in the super-premium whisky sector would be a supreme understatement. Sales in the upper price tiers among whisky distillers in the US, Canada and Ireland are dwar...
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign