Exclusive - UK: Whyte & Mackay CEO departs
Whyte & Mackay confirmed the departure of John Beard to just-drinks today
Whyte & Mackay's CEO has left the company, just-drinks can exclusively reveal.
John Beard has “left the business”, a spokesperson for the Scotch whisky producer confirmed earlier today (8 August). The company declined to comment further on the matter, and no-one was available at Whyte & Mackay when contacted by just-drinks this morning.
Beard joined Whyte & Mackay in early-2009. He had previously been CEO of Bacardi and Brown-Forman's sales and marketing JV in the UK, from late-2005 to July 2008.
Beard leaves Whyte & Mackay as he joined it; with the company's ownership in some confusion. In March 2009, reports suggested that Whyte & Mackay's parent company, The UB Group's United Spirits (USL), was considering selling off the division in its entirety.
While no such divestment came to fruition, since Diageo's purchase of a major stake in USL earlier this year, the UK's Office of Fair Trading has begun an investigation into what effect the transaction could have on the UK spirits market.
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
Well, it appears that BrewDog's addiction to controversy is alive and (un)well. But, at least, the UK company's latest move has a more valid - albeit slightly bigger and more frightening - target in i...
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends