UK/US: Whyte & Mackay calls time on Shaw-Ross International US import tie-up
Whyte & Mackay Americas will kick in in the US on 1 January
Whyte & Mackay has brought its US import operations in-house.
The spirits company, which is owned by India's UB Group, confirmed yesterday (3 October) that it will bring its partnership with Shaw-Ross International in the US to an end after three years. Whyte & Mackay Americas will operate as a full service importer in the country from 1 January.
Led by Jorge Gutierrez, VP of the Americas region, the unit will be based in Florida.
“This is a strategic step forward for Whyte & Mackay in the US, positioning us for strong growth in the coming years. We are excited by the opportunities that this opens up,” said Whyte & Mackay's CEO, John Beard.
Gutierrez credited Shaw-Ross International with being “an instrumental partner in building the foundation of our brands in the US”.
United Spirits has denied reports that it has provided a guaranteee to the ailing Kingfisher Airlines, as questions mount over owner Vijay Mallya's options for both businesses....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends