UK: Westons Cider launches Stowford Press Ashes promotion
Westons is gearing up for a busy summer
Westons Cider is launching an on-pack Ashes promotion as part of a continuing GBP5m (US$7.5m) marketing campaign.
Drinkers buying Stowford Press 44cl cans will get the chance to win tickets to this summer's series in England, the company announced today (19 March). Consumers can also win Stowford Press Ashes supporters packs.
Westons head of marketing Ian Lewis said: “With 29m UK adults interested in cricket, and 10m defining themselves as cricket fans, we see the Ashes as an opportunity not to be missed for retailers.”
The promotion is part of Westons' marketing campaign, unveiled this month, in which cricket features heavily. Last year, Westons signed a three-year sponsorship deal with the English Cricket Board and is a co-sponsor of The Ashes through the Stowford brand.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends