UK: Westons Cider launches GBP5m marketing push
Westons has lined up a campaign for 2013
Westons Cider has lined up a GBP5m (US$7.5m) marketing campaign as competition in the UK cider sector heats up.
The spend, Westons' biggest, includes a debut TV ad for its core Stowford Press brand, the Herefordshire company said yesterday (12 March). The TV ad will run alongside coverage of The Ashes cricket test match series, which starts in July.
Last year, Westons signed a three-year sponsorship deal with the English Cricket Board and is a co-sponsor of The Ashes through the Stowford brand.
Westons brands Henry Westons, Wyld Wood and Old Rosie will also be supported in the campaign with press advertising, sponsorship deals, pack promotions, competitions and other activities, Westons said.
“This is an exciting year,” Westons head of marketing Ian Lewis said.
Westons is not the only UK cider maker ramping up activity ahead of the summer. This month Heineken announced a “multi-million pound” TV advertising campaign around its Bulmers cider brand in the UK, while Carlsberg has upgraded its Northampton brewery site to double bottling capacity of brands including newly-launched cider Somersby.
UK deliveries of Heineken and Britvic brands could be affected by a 24-hour strike by workers at logistics firm Kuehne + Nagel, according to trade union Unite....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends