UK: WaverleyTBS makes wine team appointments
UK drinks wholesaler WaverleyTBS has appointed two new members to its wine team.
David Peek and Lucy Clements joined the business in May as wine commercial controller and wine buyer respectively, Waverley said today (11 June).
Peek previously worked for Tesco as a wine buyer and was with Majestic Wines before that.
Clements, who is currently studying for her Master of Wine (MW), is an Australian winemaker and previosuly worked at Chapel Down winery in Kent, southern England. She will work closely with Natalia Posadas-Dickson, also a wine buyer and winemaker.
Both roles will report to Neil Bruce, wine director for WaverleyTBS, and will be based at the head office in Hemel Hempstead.
As administrators plough through offers for collapsed First Quench Retailing, a sales rise from Majestic Wine today (16 November) proves that there is life yet in independent and specialist wine retai...
Recession has been the final straw for First Quench Retailing, owner of Threshers wine stores, but company accounts show the business has been struggling for some time amid a turbulent period for the ...
Les Domaines Paul Mas' Estate Single Vineyard Collection...
Majestic Wine, the UK wine retailer, has declined to comment on a report that it faces a lawsuit from a wine critic in the UK....
Majestic Wine, the UK retailer, has posted a 9% rise in half-year profits and said it was "pleased" with the company's trading performance so far this year....
Viñalba's Selección Torrontés...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Majestic Wine, the UK retailer, has halved its minimum purchase requirement from 12 bottles to six as it looks to maintain sales in the recession....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends